jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

strange glitches lately

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

for the HubTeam: (and anyone else who may have had this problem)

last week, i think this past weekend, when i clicked on two threads, instead of just opening one window, it kept opening up window after window after window, and very quickly too. it was knd of scary actually. the first time it did on one thread, i had to use the task manager to stop the process, but it still kept opening windows even after i exited HubPages. i had to sever my connection.

the second time, a day later but on a different thread, the same thing happened, only this time, disconnecting didn't even stop it and i had to shut down my computer. i have to say, both times i clicked the last person's name appearing in the thread and both times the person was the same one. i don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but i am mentioning that because it may be important.

anyway, i am afraid to click on those two threads now. has anyone else had this problem, or know what this might be?? also, i noticed that my forum view is now "chronological" instead of "threaded", although i didn't set it to that and it won't change back.

thank you.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry, haven't run into that problem Cosette. I hope HubPages staff can help you. smile

Edit: I only use threaded. Don't use other. smile

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh wait i had it backwards... i use the one that shows the big avatars, not the little ones. sorry about that.

thanks crazd. that was weird all right. i really just wondered if anyone else had this problem, so far, no one. thanks you guys.

3. 0

that's the first time anything weird happened @ Hubpages. maybe i need to upgrade my browser.

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess that's possible.

But, I am still using Windows XP with IE 7 or 8, one of the two. lol lol

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

yikes ooo Cosette hasn't happened to me hope it doesn't And I so hope that you get it figured out and fixed. that is weird and creepy

5. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

The double paning over and over never happened to me , but I did have my chrono change to threaded without me wanting to. I was able to change back to chrono though. Maybe that prticular browser you're using needs to have the cache emptied or clean some cookies from the comp.

6. ddsurfsca profile image75
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

maybe run an anti-virus scan and do housekeeping on ur computer

7. Izzy Anne profile image60
    Izzy Anneposted 6 years ago

Something similar happened to me last night.  I clicked on something and then the screen froze and only a repetitive click was heard.  I had to close the browser.

8. 0

yeah, i'm real meticulous about housekeeping, both housewise and computerwise. it hasn't happened since, but i never went back to those two threads.

9. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

Maybe we're the first on the government internet takeover list for some reason tongue - it didn't happen to me on hubpages, but my computer did that. I couldn't even turn my computer off, I had to unplug it entirely. Then when I plugged it back in and started it back up, it tried again but I was able to stop it.