jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

IDIOT - that would be ME!

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I started a blog in 8/2005.  Since then my email has changed and I wanted to write in it again.  BUT I CAN'T access it.  Can't remember the email name, contacted blogger support & they can't help me without the email name. 

Lesson learned, do not change email accounts without remember the old account name.

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image59
      ASHWINSPGAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is no other way at all? Damn that sucks. But i dont think you should call yourself an idiot.Sometimes these things happen. so go easy on yourself  there  wink

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't feel bad... one time i managed to follow myself over there big_smile

i finally closed the blog...i just don't have time to deal with it. i hope you can get access to your blogs again.

3. bunnyjumalon profile image60
      bunnyjumalonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If that's the case then that makes the two of us???? Ngekkk...I just don't make a big deal out of it!!!!!Do the same....

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

we've all been there. I have all mine in a notebook and I have to check it often!!

5. Pr0metheus profile image59
      Pr0metheusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Run it up the flagpole.  Tell the CS rep that helped you that you want to speak to a manager.  Make noise until they help you (trust me, they will eventually... they always do).

6. Frugal Fanny profile image59
      Frugal Fannyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always write my email names and passwords down, in case something like that happens lol

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Jane don't say that you are an idiot! You aren't an idiot at all. stuff happesn from time to time. Sorry it happened to you.

3. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Are you sure you don't remember anything like why you chose the old email or when?

4. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Can you remember the url address of your blog, as you can click on forgot your password and you enter your url in there and retrieve your password and login details or it creates a new one, can't remember.

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

hmmm...ive had similar problems I have close to a hundred email addresses!

Sometimes I get very lucky and find them in my old history and bookmarks and as a precuation I now send an email from any new account to my master account...did you ever send mail w/ the account....anyone you know might still have you saved in contacts?

6. Jane@CM profile image61

I used an old yahoo account I had, I closed the account because it was just a spam collector.  So when I try to retrieve the password it sends it to the closed yahoo account!  Oh well, live and learn.  Thanks for the advice on how to retrieve the password, that is how I figured out I had used the yahoo email.

7. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OH - you are a sweetie!

8. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Jane, can you contact yahoo to reactivate the old email account - at least until you can retrieve tour info for the blog. I reactivated an old Hotmail account after a number of years. (Had a similar problems with this move and changing things over but all solved now, I hope!)

9. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Jane, if you are an idiot then so many of the rest of us don't even rise that high. wink

But RedElf is right, you may have to dig through some layers, but you can reactivate your account. It'll help grundles if you can remember any of your security questions and answers and the approximate date you opened your yahoo account. Hope this helps.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm..wow....we have a way different def of "grundles" around these parts wink

Whats it mean to you?

10. Jane@CM profile image61

I wish I could remember the name of the account, I'll go check some old notes & see if it is there.  I like the word grundles as long as its not "grundies" lol