jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

This Is It

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

i have been laid up almost two weeks with what i thought was a bad cold. after seeing my kindly old family doctor (who is kind of cute in an odd way - his hands are so soothing and comforting),

anyway i discovered i actually have a mild flu and stuff in my lungs. why am i mentioning this? because being laid up gives you time to do stuff you don't normally do, so when i was getting medicine i got that movie This Is It with Michael Jackson. i just have to say, i always felt he deserved to be called the King of Pop, but after watching this, i knew i was watching something incredible. you are, basically, watching genius create a legend when you watch Michael in action. that is what he was - a genius. anyway i am going to write a hub about it when i feel 100%. in the meantime, get the movie and watch it - you won't be disappointed.

p.s. i hope they take away his doctor's medical license and put him in prison.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Hope you get better fast Cosette! not fun being sick that's for sure.

3. NewYorker profile image79
    NewYorkerposted 6 years ago

His old GP's license has already been taken.

And I agree with you. I never really listened to him, and I was forced to see this movie in the theatre, but I was not sorry after about a half an hour of this movie. It's amazing. A work of art. This man is a genius. He's a complete, huge and utter weirdo, but he's a GENIUS!

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
      Isabelle22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep I agree no matter what some people say about him it can never be denied that he was the master of his art.

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

yeh - I feel the same about that movie - was surprised but really spellbound while watching it and afterward listened to his music in a whole new way!

5. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Flu is no fun, mild or not. I went through two versions just before Christmas. My immune system is still trying to recover. But I'm getting there!

MJ does deserve the accolades he gets. He'll always be controversial, and he was obviously a tortured soul, and wasn't all that mentally stable. He victimized people, too. Though not trying to justify any of his wrong doings on others, he does fall in a group of genius-like people who never could live a normal life. Though it's sad in that regard, he did leave the world with a standard and vision of his craft that we would probably miss entirely without him. He influenced and molded two generations, not just one. He is still imitated throughout the globe.

I haven't seen the movie but plan to very soon.

Get better quickly! Looking forward to the hub.

6. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Hope you recover soon.
    I want to see This Is It also. He was an amazing musical talent.

7. 0
    Louidam1posted 6 years ago

I hope you get better.  I seen the movie already and it is so amazing how much talent Michael had.  That would have been a great concert!!

8. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Hope you feel better soon!

9. torimari profile image79
    torimariposted 6 years ago

Feel better! big_smile

10. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

oh, "spellbound" is just the word i was looking for. thanks, you guys. anyway that film is loaded with lots of info about his costumes, which in itself is worth renting it...and he was making some really cool videos too. i think this tour would have made him a living legend.

1. marcofratelli profile image82
      marcofratelliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. I look forward to your hub, I'm a big fan. It's one of those films where every time I watch it, I learn something new. Get well soon mate.