jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)

New to HubPages

1. newhorizons123 profile image60
    newhorizons123posted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone.  I am new to HubPages so am open to any and all suggestions.  But I also have a question. Are the hubs you post totally unique to HugPages or are you posting your original work that you have also posted elsewhere on the web?  Thanks in advance for your responses.

1. Slice Of Life profile image61
      Slice Of Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Welcome!  My hubs are totally unique to hubpages and I prefer to not post them anywhere on the web.  I do however try to drive traffic to them through other websites by posting a blurb about the subject and then provide the hubpages link. 

Hope that helps :-)

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll get flagged if you post articles you've already posted elsewhere.  Hubs need to be original.

3. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Julie! Welcome to the Hubs the secret to success here is bake lots of cookies and share them!big_smile

4. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All work according to TOS of HubPages has to be original content. If it is duplicated from some other place, HubPages won't allow you to publish.

Welcome to HubPages and I hope you enjoy your time while you're here. smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's not "exactly" true. I have three or four out of a total of 106, that are duplicate content because they appear in other places on the web. They are my original writing (not copied from someone else). They can be published, but they will not be highly ranked by HP or Google.

2. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Hi Julie; welcome to HubPages. Mine are original to HP; not too sure about others, though. big_smile

1. EFPotter profile image60
      EFPotterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome, I'm new too.

I've started making articles specifically for HubPages. I don't really go on many other sites where they would work.

3. shabarigirish profile image61
    shabarigirishposted 6 years ago

welcome to HubPages..

I write articles only on hubpages.

4. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Hi and welcome Julie!

You'll find me mostly here on HP though I have many backlinking sites.  smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Read the TOS and FAQ's-- HubPages is looking for original work-- and it benefits you to post new material.

6. Sage Williams profile image92
    Sage Williamsposted 6 years ago

Mine are unique to hub pages as well.  I was under the impression that content had to be unique to hub pages. It could not be anywhere else or it would be considered duplicate content and your hub would be flagged.

Does anyone else remember reading this?

It is however, o.k. to have links to drive traffic to your hub.

7. Sage Williams profile image92
    Sage Williamsposted 6 years ago

Sorry, I forgot to say Welcome to hub pages.

8. readytoescape profile image62
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Welcome, the way I understand it, only original work is allowed here, duplicate content gets flagged I believe

9. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Welcome, Glad you could join us.

10. easyspeak profile image78
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Hubpages has software to detect duplicate content and they'll let you know. 

The advantage to Hubpages is that you own your work, so if you decide to publish you stuff somewhere else, you can just delete it from Hubpages.

11. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 6 years ago

Sorry to intrude.  I am also new to HupPages.

Is writing on the same topic, but not total "copy & paste" from another site consider "duplicate content"?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Depends on how well you do that. You certainly can write on the same topic and even include the same factual information, but just changing a few words will not be enough.

12. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages. What Rochelle says is quite true. I find it easier to just write new articles. They can be on the same topic even, but rewriting is just too much work wink

13. TheCreditTruth profile image60
    TheCreditTruthposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.  I am pretty new myself and I am glad to see everyone is saying original and unique!

14. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Welcome aboard!  I hope you'll enjoy writing here!