jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Power of StumbleUpon

1. Jenn Knows profile image59
    Jenn Knowsposted 8 years ago

I have a new hub that I've published yesterday.  hiqutipie (very nice hubpages member) stumbles my hub (I had no idea).  I've logged in to check the hub stats, and I have received almost 400 views within 2-3 hrs:)

Wow, I'm so surprised.  Did anybody have some great traffic experience from stumbleupon with a hub? I'm just curious.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

LOL - A bit more subtle than usual, but 10/10 for effort.

I am surprised you are surprised. One of your hubs is on internet marketing and submitting your content to social networking sites. And as any "internet marketer" knows, stumbleupon provides a lot of traffic.

That very nice hubpages member, hiqutipie, seems to have joined hubpages for the sole reason of commenting on your hubs LOL

Wow I am so not surprised. big_smile

Not bad though.

1. Jenn Knows profile image59
      Jenn Knowsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Actually, "I'm so excited" is a better wording than "I'm so surprised" smile

To be very honest, I haven't played with stumbleupon much.  Stumbled a few pages in the past, never had the time to play and test the results.  I've always assumed more videos, images, funny stuff, etc. would get stumbled.

boy I was wrong smile  I'll be looking into stumbleupon more now.

3. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

Jenn, I had a similar experience with one hub - around 400 hits from Stumble in less than 24 hours but no clicks - suspect this kind of traffic isn't that useful in terms of Adsense.

4. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

I've had several Stumble rushes to my Hubs and my blog - doesn't convert terribly well. If you look in Analytics you will probably see what I saw - Stumblers bounce at a high rate and don't spend enough time on the page on average to have read it.

But the backlinks from StumbleUpon are worth something, I guess. Especially if you have been on Stumbleupon long enough to get some PR for your personal favourites page.

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I used to Stumble my hubs, but I only do some now. It just doesn't get too many clicks in regards to Adsense or sales for Ebay or Amazon. I try to only stumble hubs that may get real interest from the site later on...

The real interest are from people searching through the site looking for that particular subject. They click the link. Possible click a google ad or buy something from your hub.

If you constantly stumble your own work, they'll ban your account. I mean yea you can create another one, but setting up multiple emails just for stumble is a pain and ridiculous. I did it when I first started. I have since given up. I'll stick with digg. I tend to get more people who are truly interested in the hub.

But, again, I only do select hubs.