jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

New forum style frustrations

1. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

am i alone  in not liking how the forum  posts are being jumbled when you quote or reply to earlier posts?

1. LaVieja profile image61
      LaViejaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find it quite difficult to follow a conversation. And I am not always sure that I am replying to the relevant bit. But I think the more you use it the easier it will get. At least thats what I am hoping!

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

that is why i just keep it on chronological smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I'm not having any problems. big_smile smile

4. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I'm enjoying both views, the threaded is helpful for skipping past things that are off topic.

5. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

ty for the chronological tip problem solved .

6. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Anytime aware smile

7. Has_aWayWithWords profile image80
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 6 years ago

Crazd you solved this one so quick you should be the Hubpages repair tech...lol

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Actually I am not liking it.

The problem for me is that some people post chronologically, and others threaded. It might look differently in threaded view, but in chronological view posts made in threaded view look completely out of place, and often leave myself wondering WTF people are talking about.

At the same time threaded view severely complicates following latest posts on a thread, and for that reason I prefer to use chronological view.

All in all, this last change actually made my forum experience worse than before... sad

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I share your pain. Guess it's either a learning curve for all of us, or it's modification that HP needs to make as they work into this format.

So nice ;p to be on the cutting edge.