Tagging your Hubs

1. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 9 years ago

A few questions for the Hub Staff to answer. I'm doing a bit of research into tagging and I was wondering if these statements would relate to HubPages....

HubPages uses tags in several important ways. They're one of the first things that Search Engines check against. Tag matches affect high placement in search results more than other text matches. True/False?

High placement in search results could boost your Hubscore. True/False?

Your tags determine what text ads appear on your hubs. The more specific your tags are, the more relevant the ads should be. True/False?

2. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Let me try to address your questions, darkside:

1) Search engines do check how your Hub is linked to other pages on the site, and tags are one way that they do this. However, it's not clear that they necessarily affect search engine rankings any more than other links on the page.

2) Search engine rankings are used, per se, to calculate HubScore, but traffic to your Hubs is used to calculate it, and higher rankings will generally lead to more traffic.

3) Not true, strictly speaking. AdSense uses its own spider to crawl the page and decide what its content is about, and what kinds of ads to deliver on to it. HubPages has no control over that. That said, having links and text that are focused on a specific topic matter are likely to make Google's job easier.

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the information Jason.