jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Using linkreferral with hubpages.

1. fits4life profile image61
    fits4lifeposted 6 years ago

I haven't seen any linkreferrals on hubpages and I haven't found any hubpages on linkreferral. Are they not permitted on hubs or are people just not using them? Is there any information anywhere on this topic? Help please. And thanks in advance

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you go to your link capsule you can use your own links or if you click on search you can link to other hubbers hubs, is that what you are asking? When we write about certain subjects we create links to there sites so that others can read them too.

2. TerryGl profile image61
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used linkreferral quite extensively in the past. Did my 30 views and five ratings etc.. I found the traffic was very minimal. I believe the reason why is because everyone just does what they have to and get on page one.

There are more productive ways then using LR.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

If linkreferral is a traffic exchange program then I advise not to use it.

Adsense doesn't like traffic exchange programs, so neither do HubPages.

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

i post my linkreferrals at places like  facebook with a little descrition about online writing then the link sends them to one of my hubs explaining how to join and make some side cash... linkfeferrals are added by choosing the hub you want to link to , hit the SHARE button pick the tracker from the dropdown and copy and paste the link to a social networking site. If you're talking about link exchanges then no, cant give advice.. i stay away from those? link referrals or link exchanges? which do you mean?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mel, I think this discussion is referring to a site called linkreferral.com.  Reading the site, it does sound rather like a link exchange so personally, I think I'll steer clear to be on the safe side.

4. fits4life profile image61

I don't have adsense, but I dont want to go against any hub rules either. I like it here. I also like LR. I would be interested in a more productive way than linkrefferal. Google seems to love them. I also don't see any twitter or facebook links on any hubs. Whats up with this? Is there any information anywhere?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You probably Should have Adsense-- this is where most of us actually make some money. If your primary concern is just communicating, it is not necessary to apply any affiliates.

Down at the bottom of your published hubs you will see an option that says "share" where you can post to "stumble" "reddit" and facebook-- possibly others if you choose. Like others have said-- these are only minimally helpful, but it is up to you to try them if you wish and find out if they are worthwhile to you.

5. fits4life profile image61

Thanks everyone. I will check out the share button. Maybe it is offering what I need. I also will look into adsense, but it seems so complicated.