Not sure this would be a good thing - it might well create a culture of "tit-for-tat", and hence result in more work for forum moderators.
What would I change if I were in charge of HP?
1. Make the table capsule better. Sorry, but it's terrible! I had to do most of the tables for my hubs in Word or Publisher, and then scan them and upload them as pictures. Fiddly as this was, it was still easier than using the HP table capsule.
2. Speaking of scanned pics, why do they so often come out blurry when uploaded into a hub?
3. Make the the number and identity of people's followers private (i.e. not visible to anyone except HP staff and the hubber whose followers they are). Or at least have this as an option.
4. Allow you to delete serial followers/"spollowers" from your list of followers.
5. Agree with Kirsten's idea of having more affiliate capsules.
Cosette, how many times do people have to explain:
- One Hubber rating down a Hub makes very little difference to its score - and that's the ONLY effect it has. You're only in trouble if lots of different Hubbers rate you down, and that's only going to happen if your Hub is cr@p.
- If a Hubber flags a Hub, all it does is bring it to the attention of the Hubteam. Only the Hubteam can decide if the Hub breaks their TOS or not, and that's the only reason they would unpublish.
I have to agree with Cags there is absolutely nothing to change and I wouldn't want the job either. The team is doing a fantastic job and when it first began they did not have to monitor the threads, we were all adults in the past 6 months something had to be implemented it became out of control so I commend them for initiating the 3 day ban. Paul Deeds even banned his own father Ralph Deeds so there is not a single person who is better then another as you can see they do not play favoritism.
As for the religious threads avoid them if you do not care for them and find another thread of interest ,everyone is entitled to express themselves.
I don't mind the religious and political forums. If I don't think I can handle the comments posted on one I just don't look, or look but don't touch if I think it will entertain
The only thing I would change is that I would love to see more affiliate programs in capsules. Amazon is great but I am not good enough yet for the ebay program as they have higher standards for the volume and quality of traffic you will attract. I would think another affiliate program like amazon would be lots of fun .
The idea of sharing ad space with active forum users is interesting but where would all those new ads go? I would think the forums would become cluttered with ads and I kinda like it the way it is now. I don't want to horn in on the sites ads as I love the model of this site and think its pretty sweet, they deserve their share of ads If it could be done tastefully then that would be cool
I agree with adding some color, I would like to see limited HTML options so we could use some different affiliates related to specific products or information. As a whole the site is fine just minor tweaks and I would have no desire to run it...lol too much like babysitting for me, my kids are old enough to know how to behave, too bad some people online aren't
That is my little angel, she is almost 2 years old now but that pic was taken around the last time I saw her and was able to hold her. She is friggin adorable huh...lol too bad she got my big a$$ ears lol
Having topics generally allows us to pick and choose what we view which is good. It also points a giant arrow to a fight for anyone looking for one. For example if you are not religious and someone posts in the religious forum why even go argue with them. because you saw a big arrow pointing to the religious forum and a sign that says this looks like a great place to fight...
I have noticed that an increasing number of people seem to have joined this site merely to spam religion on the forum. This would be okay if it was not for the fact that this is a forum for writers, not theists.I am all...
This question is for the anti-gay folk who spend an enormous amount of energy in various gay groups and forums. Why?Is it because you want to make sure everyone knows you are not gay? What are you SO afraid of if you...
Has anyone else noticed a serious drop in quality among the Question portion of HubPages? For the past several weeks, nearly every question that is featured in the "my account" section has been ripe with...
I am new here so it's possible this has been suggested before. How about a debate forum, separate from the other forums, where contentious topics can be debated? So, if people wanted to discuss, say, a...