jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Adsense Preview tool

1. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Had a problem with an image ad in one of my  hubs. wanted to filter and remove a specific ad. was  redirected to page to get the google preview tool (which can help find the ads URL for filtering) . was told to to right click and 'SAVE TARGET AS'. I right click and the 'Save Target As' option is 'greyed' out and not usable. Anyone know why or someway around that? Regular 'Save As' was also greyed out! just plain 'Save' also greyed.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you can see the specific ad

adsense setup->competitive ad filter

this is the screen that suggests the "Ad Review Center"..you dont have to use it, I have no experience with it as a publisher (their is a similar tool as a adwords buyer though)

Use the right click copy link location on your page that is displaying the ad you dislike and paste the URL into the competitive ad filter

but, It is usually a better idea to try and figure out what is triggering the ad in question and tweaking your content keywords instead as you usually get lower paying ads displaying in its place if you keep the same triggers

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

but according to adsense support page

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … 2w#finding

The AdSense Preview Tool is an addition to the right-click menu of Internet Explorer 6.x browsers. It offers the ability to view the ads that would appear on your page, and to display the destination URLs of these ads with only a few clicks.

if you are using IE 6 +?

you than would

#  Right-click anywhere on the page. From the pop-up menu that appears, select Google AdSense Preview Tool. The tool will open in a new window.
    # Select the checkbox adjacent to each ad that you'd like to block from your pages and click Show Selected URLs. The destination URL of the selected ads will appear.

3. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Only problem is, I can't save preview tool to my desktop to open and download like the page says... I have int expl 8.601. somthin somthin... Int. Explorer 8... trying to still get the tool to my right click bar..

4. sunforged profile image68

I would skip the preview tool, if you know what ad you want to block jsut hover over it (of course dont left click) and right click it...than you copy link, or copy link location whatever its called on IE

stick that link into teh competitive ad filter and your all done...you dont NEED to use the preview tool, if its not cooperating just forget about it.

5. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

tried that too.. but my rightclick menu doesn't have 'copy link' or copy link location'... r u sing firefox?... is it possible its called ' copy shortcut' in int expl.? bcuz I  do have that option  not greyed out?

6. sunforged profile image68

yes, copy shortcut will do it - (had to check with my IE)

who is the advertiser....the ad you see, isnt the saame ad someone from another country sees or even with a different search history (google does personal targetting now)