jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

HubPages Nominations for best Publishers site

1. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

What ever happened to all our votes for the best sites a few months ago? Have the results come out yet? Has Hubpages won as the best publishers site? Sorry if I'm being naive here, just wondered.

1. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Sue...I was not aware anything like that was going on...but, I'm new here so I'll keep my eye out for any info on it. I know my answer didn't help you..but at least you now know someone read your question smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

wait what happened? where was I? lol I didn't hear about this either and I wanna know big_smile

3. Cagsil profile image58
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Sue, I've not heard anything about since the voting was taking place. Wish I could help. hmm

@susanlang - there are probably LOTS of people who simply read the post but didn't know anything either and didn't bother posting for whatever reason.

Just a thought? smile However, Welcome to HubPages. smile

1. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yea, but their responding now wink   and thanks...I'm glad to be here!

4. Sue Adams profile image92

Well Maggie and them lot should know when the results come out. I'll just wait and see if any of the hub staff read this thread. I probably posted it in the wrong forum, never mind.

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I checked the mashable web site a while ago, we did not win. they have the winners posted on their site.

5. Sue Adams profile image92

Oh thank you Rebekah. I remember faithfully voting every day. It would have been nice to've heard about the results one way or another.
    Next time, maybe HubPage staff could email all hubbers and ask them to vote instead of just putting a request in the forum because (I guess) only a small proportion of all hubbers actually participate in the forums. I'm sure we would've won if everybody had known about it and had voted every day like so many of us did. Anyway, we move on...

6. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I voted daily, and wondered too. Thank you for the thread, now we know. I wish more hubbers has known about it, I reckon we should have won!

7. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

nominations?  was there some sort of reward for hubpages?  if so, was i nominated?  i doubt it to be honest, but i would still like to know.  lol.   plus, what's the prize if you win?  bragging rights?  or what?  personally, unless hubpages gives out cash or something to the winner, then im not interested.  as dustin hoffman said in "hero", "i'm more of a cash kind of guy." lol

8. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I wondered so I checked. I don't really know all of the criteria for winning. I had never heard of the site that won. I checked out their site and it looked pretty good. don't think it has a forum quite like this one... lol

1. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I doubt if there is a forum anywhere 'Quite like this one'  LOL cool

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this
  9. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

UCoz got the win... never saw the rest of list

10. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

I ran a thread on this a few days or more back. The link to it is here, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/32637 and the comments cover the results.

11. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I don't get how ucoz won, they seem more like a site to set up a website versus a writing platform?  Never heard of them before.

12. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

They won because they got more votes. I had a lot of trouble with the interface - I couldn't get in to vote half the time. Too bad Hub Pages didn't get the award.

working