jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

University essays on hubpages?

1. Lymond profile image84
    Lymondposted 6 years ago

Quite simply, is there any reason I can't publish essays written for uni courses as hubs? (aesthetic question of having a 5000 word hub with no relevant images aside).

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

they would be quite interesting, possibly you could break up into groups and link them. pics help give the reader a visual.

2. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 6 years ago

I can't see any reason why you shouldn't.  Only things are make sure the work has been submitted/marked before putting on Hubpages so marker doesn't think it has been plagarised and also if you are hoping to earn money your essay may not be particularly attractive to the wider internet public.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I would say sure, go for it.

However, as you've stated - 5000 words? You might consider condensing it or breaking it up into 2 separate hubs, related to one another.

I have many hubs that are close to 4000 words and they are already long hubs.

Just a thought. smile

4. KingDrew profile image81
    KingDrewposted 6 years ago

I think its a great idea.  You spend so much time writing an essay, you might as well post it to hubpages so that more than just your professor reads all the work you put into it.

5. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I have done this with a few small essays. But, I'd recommend breaking them up into a series - 5000 is really long for search engines to like. Just make sure to publish on here AFTER you've received your grade. You don't want your prof doing a plagiarism check and having your own work come up in google! smile

If you're looking to earn money and focus on keywords, then you might have to change some of the phrases in your paper, however.

6. Lymond profile image84
    Lymondposted 6 years ago

thanks for the input! In terms of these being seen as possible plagarisation, these are long marked and done with. A condensed version might well be an idea although most are 2000 or so words. I did wonder about submitting content to hubpages that had been submitted to a recognised institution first as hubpages would have no claim over the content.

7. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 6 years ago

Hubpages makes no claim on the copyright it remains with you as far as they are concerned.
    Iwouldn't consider 2000 words that long -i just posted a blog post that long!

8. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

I would recommend not just copy/pasting the essay, rather break it up in headings and insert some relevant images. Because otherwise your hub will not be popular as much.

9. Sab Oh profile image61
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

Just be sure you are prepared to identify yourself on hubpages to your profs. There is software now that runs essays through an internet cross-referencing to see if they are copies of something online (have been purchased, etc.)

10. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Have the essays been submitted, graded, etc?

If your uni course is done and dusted then it shouldn't cause a problem, however it may be risking it if you have only just submitted your work!