jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How can I get exposure for my hubs? :rolleyes:

1. BeatsMe profile image82
    BeatsMeposted 8 years ago

I have published a hub a few days ago, and I think no one knows about its existence. How can I get exposure for my hubs? roll

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image93
      Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, what everybody else said.

Also, publish more hubs.  That will increase your exposure as well.

2. College politico profile image60
    College politicoposted 8 years ago

have you tried submitting them to any outside sites like digg or stumbleupon? or posting relevant comments with links on other websites? or emailing them to friends and family?

Theres a billion different things you can do.

check out this thread for hubs with lots of in depth advice on how to improve traffic: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2578

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

1.  Be patient.  Traffic takes a little while to get going.

2.  While you're being patient, make sure your Hub is the best it can be - so people who DO read it will want to come back and read your other stuff.  Your current Hub needs some illustrations, and you could also include an Amazon capsule - which all helps to dress up your Hub and make it look attractive.

Read Darkside's Hub on how to use Capsules, that explains how.  Browse around some other Hubs to see how other people set them out.

I suggest you also do some work on your sentence structure and grammar.  I don't really like Microsoft Word's grammar checker but you could try using it - it's good at picking up mistakes but its suggestions for fixing them are not always right!   Another idea is to try reading your Hub aloud, that sometimes helps you notice errors. 

Once you've done all that, go ahead and write a few more Hubs with the same care and attention.   

I wouldn't worry about promotion yet.  If you have time to spend on social bookmarking sites then by all means do - but even then, I'd wait until you have a reasonable body of work to promote.

I am a member of a few writing sites - I'm not really active any more but I do keep my profiles updated, with a link to HP - but that's about the extent of my "promotion". And I've just reached 10,000 page views!  So like I said, be patient - they will come!

4. elisabeth reid profile image78
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

You have to be patient.  It's taking mine a long time but the traffic is finally starting to pick up.  In the meantime, polish, polish, polish.  Make 'em shine.

Then go back and polish some more.

5. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

What everyone else has already said. Keep making informative hubs and don't give up.

6. Jenn Knows profile image61
    Jenn Knowsposted 8 years ago

A hub is just a webpage.  Only advantage of a hub is your page is on an established site with already visitors (hubpages.com) instead of your brand new domain.

Other than this advantage, you have to use regular internet marketing methods to be able to get more traffic to your hubs.

Here's a hub I've written about 20 free internet marketing techniques to get more traffic to your site and hubs.

Good Luck

7. charlemont profile image82
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

I could recommend Web 2.0 exposure. Onlywire.com or socialmarker.com facilitate the task of submitting webpages, but there's no real need to use all those social bookmarking websites. Digg, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us are just the biggest among them, to start with.

8. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I would recommend against using services that submit your site to many social bookmarking sites.  It's a short term strategy that contributes nothing positive to the world.  Instead pick a site or two to devote your time to, participate genuinely in their community, and occasionally submit only the best of your hubs to them.