Hubber for 7 months with 23 hubs... Anyone else?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

As stated, I've been on hubpages for around 7 months and have 23 published hubs. I have only had around 2050 total views.  I know things take time, but I'm curious if there is someone with close to the same member time and hubs so I can compare my numbe rof hits and maybe go back again and see what I'm doing wrong. Placed Very well on SEO for a couple for a few days then got bumped. Can't make heads or tails of it anymore. Thanks!

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been on for two months and have 9 hubs. I'm getting 1.5-2 views per hub per day on average. I've read up lots of advice on keywords etc here. One week ago, I tried using the Google tool to find keywords for one of my hubs. I introduced these into the hub, but so far have seen no difference whatsoever, so I'm as confused as you are smile

1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64
        Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the google index only updates every so often depending on the popularity of the page, I published my first hub then went back and made changes the new index didn't happen for 3 weeks. Any changes you make will take at least 1 week to change the Google index and if the page isn't popular it will take up to 30 days

2. 1974 profile image69
    1974posted 14 years ago

According to my profile, I joined 6 months ago.  I have 28 published hubs, just a handful more than yourself.  I have 24 followers while you have 26, so for comparison's sake, I'd say our "numbers" are pretty close.

As of today, my page views (according to my hubpage's stats, not Google's) are 9,512.

There is a rather simple explanation for this.  The Hubs I have that show up on page one of Google account for the majority of my traffic (7,839 page views).  The rest of them just have a handful of views each.

3. supermom_in_ny profile image73
    supermom_in_nyposted 14 years ago

I've been a member for some time, but I published my first hub on 11/30/2009.  I published my 12th hub today.  I have 1922 views.  That means I got 1922 views in two months. 

What have I done?
    1. submitted to rss diretories
    2. bookmarked on social bookmarking sites
    3. created many backlinks
    4. left comments on other hubpages
    5. rated up other hubs I liked
    6. answered questions in the forums

Most of my hubs are on the first page of Google for their keywords.  Have I earned from my hubpages?  Yes, but I'm working on earning even more.

My advice?
    Backlinks, backlinks, backlinks...

Good luck!

Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I've tried some backlinking but never really produces. I've been more proactive in forums and been trying to leave more comments on other hubbers. Keep at it I suppose.

1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64
        Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If backlinks are not producing then try reading my hub about using blogs to create traffic. Trust me it works if done correctly and you are actually adding value to the blog with your posts.

Oh and one last note, I have almost 2500 views in a month with about half being outside of hubpages.

4. Anath profile image60
    Anathposted 14 years ago

I've been here for 7 months too.  I have 59 hubs and 81185 page views. 
    If you want to know more about it I wrote a hub about it entitled "Being a Success on HubPages".

So you attiribute it to doing the 30 hubs in 30 days? That was all I got out of that hub.

1. Anath profile image60
        Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It did help doing the HubChallenge and the HubMob otherwise I would not have done so many hubs in such a short time (a lot for me anyway!)

5. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Damn, nice Anath...

5 months, and I haven't really written a hub in 3 months or so.

Published 30 hubs, with about 20 k views.

If you aren't getting hits then you need more backlinks.  I get about 150 a day (although some of my hubs are 1st link on google if you search for certain terms)

1. Pr0metheus profile image57
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

P.S. I've backlinked in some forums and social bookmarking sites.

Haven't made an adsense payout yet, but I've gotten about $300 in free toys for a sponsorship on a couple of my hubs...

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I don't know if it will help, but you can always bring a hub you are unsure about to the EXTREME HUB Makeover and let other people critique your hubs.

I've never taken part in a 30 Hubs in 30 Days, and have 52 Hubs, two of which were published just recently.

I have about 17,000 views to my hubs and I have NO backlinks or any links connected to my hubs from other places or people, unless people have linked to them.

In reality, I only know of a couple people who have told me that they shared a couple of my Hubs with others. Which, I really don't mind and appreciate that they wanted to do so.

7. jayjay40 profile image66
    jayjay40posted 14 years ago

I been on Hub pages for 5 months and have 20 Hubs. My total veiws in this time is 2192. I don't know how to do backlinks or that SEO thingy that clever people do. I've had such a blast reading and writting that I don't think I'll ever get bored.

8. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

The hubmob topic is better than the 30 in 30 challenge for getting recognition. The reason is the hub mob topic is geared towards a specific topic, within that topic you essentially get about 75 - 100 pages of relevant information, google loves this and it will find hubpages in the top of search results bringing traffic into that particular area of hubpages where you then are only competing with about 75-100 hubbers who have pages listed in that topic. if you search for valentines day related stuff like "impress your valentine on a budget" or valentines day on a frugal budget" you will find listings for hubpages and the related hubs. That is how you can get extra traffic without doing a lot of work. Hub Pages does it for you basically. Using bookmarks to get backlinks is tedious but it works and like I said in my hub about using blogs to drive hot traffic, that is another tedious but useful method.

I'm supposed to be on that for the Valentine's Day topic. Not a hit yet. Maybe I should change the title?

9. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64

if it is the on get the date for valentines day then I would recommend changing the title and making it more catchy, also try and keep it focused on something that people will be searching for for the next couple weeks, it still may be a bit late since once google indexes the page it will take them several days or weeks to re-index. Try tweaking it a bit and see what happens.

10. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64

You might try something like "get a date for valentines day and impress her on a budget"  something that has terms in it that would be common search terms

Will try that! Thanks!

11. Has_aWayWithWords profile image64

Here are stats from today, Nothing comes free but here is a tidbit, obviously it takes work and I have had to learn through some basic advice and tips and then take that and experiment. I have recieved 19 page hits from an msn blog because of the way I promote myself without spam

12. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

I was in the same place, but I'm starting to see improvement. I've been here for about a month, and have 24 hubs.  I got that same spike, and then, after that, nothing.  I started using different tools for SEO, and after editing my pages several times, I'm starting to see a bit more traffic.  I average now about 9-10 page views a day, which is a lot better than 1-2.

One tool that's helped me out a lot has been SEOQuake.  I don't know the website address, but it's free, and I always love free things.  Once I figure out the good keywords on google, then I write the hub with those words in mind. Once the hub is written, I'll go back and use SEOQuake to analyze the article and make necessary adjustments. 

If you download the program, be aware, you'll have to tweak some of the settings.  It's fairly easy to do, but if you don't then you'll get a nasty little warning from Google.

Hope that helps bro..  Good luck!

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah hell, one more thought.. learn how to use Google analytics.  That tool has done wonders..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)