jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

just one hub

1. scheinandras profile image61
    scheinandrasposted 7 years ago

Is it okay to have just 1 hub? if that one is a good one...

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but there wouldn't be much point as it won't get much traffic.  HubPages is not a blog.  You don't create just one Hub and add to it steadily over time, any more than you would create a painting in one corner of your canvas, then come back and keep adding further paintings on the same canvas.

For one thing, no one knows when you update a Hub, so readers aren't going to come back and check on your additions.

Looking at your Hub, I think it would work much better as a blog on a site like Blogger, where you could add the artworks as separate posts over time.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

It's up to you, but if you are not happy with just one, why not write another one?

3. scheinandras profile image61

I don't want another one:) I just see that everyone having dozens of hubs and some of them are short, some of them are long. I put all my efforts into one hub, but will it bring me enough traffic?

1. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have three fairly long ones. At this rate I expect to put up about 5 per week because I have a book to finish and another site to write for, plus my blog, which I absolutely have to keep on top of, since Amazon is now selling it.

2. AnythingArtzy profile image83
      AnythingArtzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

how much traffic do you have now? Is it enough for you?
      and yes if you want just one it's fine. there is no minimum limit here that I know of

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Enough traffic for what?-- for earning a regular income of some amount?  Probably not--why not build on what you have done? If you are a student, you are probably learning something every day.
      It is up to you, how much time you want to spend.

4. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope.

Your one hub is about you. And while you do have artistic talent, I'm not sure how many people are searching for you.

You need to write about things that people are searching for. You could still inject and infuse yourself into those hubs, but shift the focus onto topics that have a lot of search volume.

4. scheinandras profile image61

at present I have 12-15 visit a day, which isn't enough, but I just spend maybe 10 min a day with hubpages. I do not want to spend my life on the internet

5. PeterKlibs profile image60
    PeterKlibsposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty new to Hubpages, but I personally just enjoy writing the hubs.  If you only want to write one, that's great, but don't expect that it's going to be a money maker.

6. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

One hub wont learn you a huge amount, but what will the hub be about?

Generally I would say build several hubs and link tehm all together!

7. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

sounds real lazy to me smile

8. scheinandras profile image61

Thank you all for the answers, It looks like hubs are not my type of thing. Good luck to all of you, I had a great time here. byeeee

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

AndrĂ¡s, you never said what your purpose was.

9. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Sorry it wasn't for you, it's always here if you reconsider though!

working