jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

New and a little lost

1. wife2mikejh profile image60
    wife2mikejhposted 6 years ago

Hey everyone! I am new to hubpages.  I am trying to figure the site out.  I started a hub, but am confused on the issue of how much content to include in a hub.  DO I include just one article, or is it okay to include several on one topic?  Any help is appreciated!

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wife2, think of each Hub as if you were writing an article in a magazine.  One topic per Hub.  But you want each Hub to be at least 400 words, and preferably 800 - 1,500 words.

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.  The length is entirely up to you.  Most say your hub should be a minimum of 400-500 words, but others will tell you that you want in the 800-1200 range if you want to have a better shot of making some money with it.

1. wife2mikejh profile image60
      wife2mikejhposted 6 years ago in reply to this

awesome! Thanks for your response!

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Hey wife2mikejh, welcome to the hub!  I would do one article (hub) at a time with the same info KCC gave you smile

Happy Hubbing!

4. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

One topic per hub.  Got more topics? Make more hubs.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Randy - 100 - great job!

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jane, apparently you are the only one who noticed my attaining the coveted 3 digit mark.  Some don't like to look at snakes, I guess!

5. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

don't confuse with a blog , one topic per article as they said above ( although thats not an official rule as you could write about a few short topics but youre hub would not satisfy most readers that way ,leading to less clicks and less money)

6. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, glad your here big_smile

7. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

Don't feel bad wife2. I'm pretty new here too and still don't know what I'm doing??.L0L..I'm a horrible writer and I'm not here to make money or promote anything. I'm just here for fun and to meet people..so far most everyone has been very nice and there are some great writers here and so many topics, I just don't have time to enjoy it all!
    Stormy..

8. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Welcome to hubpages, you'll soon get the hang of it! smile

9. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Just saying hello and welcome, there are many here much better able to advise you on Hubs layout etc just ask and they will answer smile

working