jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How many Capsules

1. 2Tony profile image50
    2Tonyposted 6 years ago

Hi All

How many amazon capsules can you have in one hub?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When the product placement outweighs the content then it's time to pull it back a little.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
        Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  Also, what is the purpose of your Hub?  Let the capsules support the purpose. The name of the game is not to inundate readers with Amazon offerings, but to offer readers a way to expand their interests and their dollars based on the content of your Hub.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image91
        Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As they say, "Content is King," and as long as there's something substantial there then that's all that matters.  Think about what you like to see when you visit a website - would you rather see tons of ads or would you rather see the actual information you were looking for?

Still, it all depends on what you're doing with the capsules.  I use dividers in mine occasionally to help separate different blocks of content.  It makes the page a little more readable, but it also uses a lot of capsules. 

Either way, just be smart with it.  Remember, the reader comes first.  If the reader is happy then the revenue will follow.

2. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

tony maybe 1 most times none.  just a personal preference big_smile

3. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

I just did a hub that has 46 capsules.. I was worried that it wouldn't come out right, but so far, no problems.  Everything's working fine.

I don't think there's a limit, but then again, how many capsules do you really need? big_smile

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Some of my hubs have 20 to 24 Amazon capsules, there is no limit though!

You can include as many of these capsules as you want, remember not to clutter your page though!

5. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I think many capsules just clutter the hub and they are annoying.

6. Appletreedeals profile image83
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

IMHO - (I just love that, it's such bulls**t)
    anyway, I think if someone wanted to view a ton of Amazon items they would just go to Amazon and not need the hub.

I think, the best approach is to provide good content that provides value relative to the product, or at least prompts the reader to want to know more, and doesn't need the capsule, then use an appropriate Amazon capsule (or 2), to give them access to the product as a natural extension to the content.

Rather than 50 words about the widget, and then 20 Amazon capsules for the widget.

But since I have hubs that use both methods, I am enjoying the pleasure of talking out of both sides of my mouth. (running for congress in 2010 Vote! for the Appletree!)

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
      Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Democrat or Republican?  --Wait, hell, it doesn't matter.  You got my vote! big_smile

7. Mekenzie profile image93
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

So far I have only added books that I feel will provide valuable insight or helps to a hub I have written.  For those who want to research deeper - I only put books I believe are a good read and helpful.