jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Has Anyone Else Had This Fan Mail??

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

I got this fan mail today which came as a bit of a surprise to me as I don't have any serious articles published on cars, (only my one taking the mickey out of Volvo drivers). I wondered if anyone else had received the same fan mail. I deleted this fan mail because I felt it was not genuine.

hey--I love the content you have up on cars. I've been scouring the internet for good information on automobiles, and some of the best has come from you and other hubpages users. A friend I made through another site is running a neat survey and he's asked me to try to get others to take it. If you and other readers could take a few minutes, it'd be greatly appreciated. http://bit.ly / 7Efofw

Renee t

1. Dale Mazurek profile image58
      Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well i havent seen it anywhere but it is obvious spam.  I would just delete it and forget about it.

2. G Miah profile image83
      G Miahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I delete any comment or fan mail left that look dodgy! DELETE DELETE!

2. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

sounds like a spammer or a really broke ass telemarketer

1. Bredavies profile image69
      Bredaviesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ahaaha. True story.

3. grannygoodearth profile image60
    grannygoodearthposted 6 years ago

I've received one like this on other sites where I write. Some writer thinks this is a great way to drive people to their site. Although I am all for helping people, this kind of thing makes me crazy.

Dump it.

4. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Kill It - Boy They Are Annoying.  sorry girl

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Seriously, that's spam.

6. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

That IS spam.  I had one a while back that said I was among the top two hundred hubbers and they voted for me or something...there was a link to some bogus thing, that was SPAM, too!  Still, you don't get spammed to death because of hubpages, just one once in a very LONG while.  Delete and go on and don't worry.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

All deleted thankfully, but kind of a daft person posting SPAM like this, as they didn't even bother to see if I actually had written any hubs on cars..... duh!!!

8. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Spam, Spam Spam Spam!