jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Page Views - AdSense vs Hub Pages

1. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

This last week I have noticed a huge discrepancy between the number of page views shown in AdSense and the number shown on Hub Pages - has anyone else noticed a major discrepancy? They used to be quite close, but this last couple of weeks they have been really off. Hub Pages is low by over 1000 views. Any ideas?

2. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

sure, stats were down at hubs for a day or two, perhaps they were completely lost those days?

all sorts of site issues been happening over the week, most likely hubs just isnt showing correct stats!

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Sun is probably right but really . . . who cares?

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey RedElf,

Mine have always been off by quite a bit. I know that HubPages as my views at about 17,000 or just shy of for 4 months, but adsense says page impression are well 20,000.

I'm not sure, but mostly I attribute it to views versus page impressions. The only way to account is that a page impression has a set time limit, before it records a page as impressioned and what HubPages deems a view.

This is the only thing I can think of to account. Different method and duration of viewer staying on the hub.

If you can come up with anything else. I'm all ears, per se. smile

4. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Stats have been back for a while, and my views were always really close before now - within one or two views. There was very little difference between the two.

It seems that since the big crash, and since my views hit and stayed over 2000 per, there has been a large discrepancy. I am showing between 1000 and 2000 page fewer views on Hub Pages than on AdSense on any given day.

I'll hope someone from Hub Pages checks this and lets me know.  Hadn't thought length of view counted - hmmmm - interesting.

Thanks!

5. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

And your taking into account an actual views X .60 = adsense impressions rate?

length of view shouldnt count for this metric

6. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

uuuummmm - no - I was just looking at the total views for top content. It has, as I said, always been really close, but not now - ant thoughts?

7. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Two things could cause a discrepancy that I can think of, first off hubpages shows all 100% of the page views, but only 60% of your page views are given your Adsense code.

The second is that you have several Google adverts on your site, this could account for a Higher page view count. Mix them together and it tells you that it might be a god idea to isntall Google Analytics.

8. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Sorry, thisisoli. I guess I wasn't clear - the page views that are high are from Google Analytics, not AdSense. My bad ;(

1. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought you were talking about adsense also...not because you weren clear, but rather because you said "adsense" in your original post

with analytics, I would wonder if you have the date settings set up just right

9. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

I guess that would be me - seeing as I asked the question. I realize it's not important to you wink Oh, well... big_smile

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, when I asked who cares I meant is it really that significant?  because after reading other responses it doesn't seem like you should be overly concerned.

10. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Sorry - Sun, et al - I access my Analytics from the link in AdSense, so I tend to think of them as the same kind of thing (stats). I know how to change the date range, and I know how to check out the top content and views for a hub, etc. Not much, but a few things wink

What I am concerned about it that Analytics has been so close to my hub pages traffic stats all along - usually only a difference of maybe half a dozen views. Now there is a difference of at least 500 to 1000 views between the two.

Has anyone else ever noticed anything like that, and what might be the cause?

11. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I would generally take Analytics as being the most accurate, Hubpages seems to have had quite a few minor problems with stat tracking over the last few months!

working