jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Something is finally free in California

1. CrystalSingleton profile image59
    CrystalSingletonposted 8 years ago

Isn't is a stitch that you go the gas station to put a little air in your tire or add a little water to your car and there. Right there. See it? It says .75 cents. WHAT THE *U**!

You mean to tell me I have to pay for AIR and WATER!!!!!!!!! wow, don't tell anyone but I've been breathing for free at home every night.(unless they're including that in my gas bill though) hee-hee. Well ThanK GOodnesS someone got enough signatures to pass something decent in this state. I recently noticed that all those little machines have been slapped with stickers that states CALIFORNIA STATE LAW REQUIRES GAS STATIONS TO PROVIDE FREE WATER AND AIR TO THE PUBLIC. So there.

You penny pinching price hiking little ___. I wont say it, it might offend you. For those of you who didn't know and have a slow leak like I do in my tires... now you do. March right in there and tell them to give you some tokens. Now that they've rigged their machines to take our money don't be fooled or rushed into jamming more quarters into their Mercedes, save them for your own.

Have a great day knowing that Air has once again been taken off the selling market. Woo-Hoo!
    Way to go gov.

1. vrajavala profile image61
      vrajavalaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

[Hi Crystal,
      I believe that might have been the subject of a science fiction novel. Actually fresh air might be at a premium some day, because there's so much pollution that finding fresh air may be a problem. And, as far as water is concerned, well, we've all heard the news the last few days that our drinking water is thoroughly contaminated. Sounds a little like the book the"The Stepford Wives." But as far as machines in the gas station. Obviously any of this equipment needs to be maintained and purchased, so I think you're being a little naive when you expect gas stations to supply these things for free. It's just the cost of living.  If the State of California mandates that it be free, then the station owners are just going to find another way to get that money returned to them by possibly setting the cost of gasoline a little higher. You want some real solutions? Try gas-saving car alternative hybrids. There is also a new Airless Fiberglass Tyre (http://www.netcomposites.com/news.asp?2443) <snip promotional link>

2. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Crystal, I agree with you completely!  It's very annoying to have to pay for those sorts of things at the gas stations.  Here in Virginia, it's a little hard to find a gas station that offers free air, but they are around...if you know where to look.

3. CrystalSingleton profile image59
    CrystalSingletonposted 8 years ago

I am fully aware of the 'O' bars, or Oxygen bars around town, thank you. It's already at a premium. They are also reserving it for all the sick patients who rely on hyper barrik chambers for their immune system. I am just making a point to say that my dirty rubber tires don't need pollution free air. Let's not get too deep into politics that just sucks the fun out of life. If you don't think that $4.00 a gallon doesn't cover the cost of a machine here and there or the fact that most of these gas stations have little markets where they also double the price of milk and laundry detergent as well as everything else in side it well then, you must not be Californian. I would love a hybrid, let me know when someone is giving them away for free.

I already traded my suv for an economy station wagon. My Crystal ball tells me with the energy crisis (electric vehicles) and reoccurring depression era I won't be purchasing any more new cars for a while. The two bedrooms on my street run $2100.00 a month so when I say thank goodness for some free tire air. . . . . I mean it whole heartedly.

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

If cost of living is too high in your area, perhaps you should consider moving.

1. CrystalSingleton profile image59
      CrystalSingletonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

well thats the plan when and if it becomes unaffordable for us. We are a family of 5 so we are already doing all our shopping at sam's club. I am happy where we are right now. I have been here for 6 years. I work at the beach and I'm about 4 signals away so it's conducive to my career to stay local. If things do get out of control.... then of course we'll move. I am planning a trip to Montana and Oregon this year as it is. I heard Montana is beautiful. I have seen some infomercials and it looks gorgeous.

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Air is always free and available in Australian service stations.  in the cities you'll get water too and usually windscreen washer thingies.  In the bush its bring your own water!