jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Older Hubs Moving Affiliate and Photo Capsules Around

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

This is really weird. I have noticed that on some of my older hubs when I go into them for some reason, such as answering a comment, many of the capsules have been moved about. The text is still in the correct order, but the revenue affiliate capsules, (like Ebay and Amazon) seem to have been moved above text boxes they were previously aligned next to, although they are still aligned to the right, so leaving a huge blank white space to the left of them now.

Many of the pictures on these hubs have also moved to being above the capsules they were formerly next to, also leaving a large white space to the left of the images, and often a long string of photos all on their own as a result. It looks awful.

I tried on one hub just now to move the relevant capsules back into position, which it appeared to do okay, but when I saved the changes and went back into the hub the capsules were back in the wrong positions again.

I noticed on one of the affected hubs a load of weird text and hieroglyphics in the box at the title of the hub in edit mode, (kind of like DOS language), but not sure if this was relevant or not.

Please tell me this is solvable by the Hubteam, as even if they rectify it so the changes can be edited and saved at my end, it will take me ages to check out all of my hubs to not only see which ones are affected, but also sort those ones out.

mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago in reply to this

PS. I have also found many comments that I approved months and months ago by legitimate hubbers, are now showing as SPAM, and I have to click on "Not Spam" on each of those comments, before approving them again. On some hubs there are over 20 comments that have all been changed to being marked as SPAM, yet they were previously okay.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90

Hubpages staff, anyone, Help!!!!

3. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Misty, I came here to the forums with the same problem. I tried to edit an older hub and had it looking how I wanted but when I looked at it in published mode, I found a huge blank spot to the left. In preview mode, an amazon add was there. It looks awful. I can't help you but at least you are not alone!

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90

Thanks Delores, well at least like you say, I am not alone, and nor are you! This is annoying as a problem though as it even appears to look the same when I am not logged in, so in other words anyone looking at the hubs in question will see the same "mess" of a page as I am, with blank white patches everywhere and Amazon and ebay capsules stuck out on their own to the right of further large white patches.  What is also annoying is that many hubbers may not even realise this is happening on their older hubs unless they physically go and check them for some reason (as I did).

5. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

If you are using Chrome as a browser, capsules rarely display in the correct location. The other browsers seem able to 'read' and display hubs better.

That's interesting Will, I am using Chrome, so I shall try using a different browser as an experiment and see if the problem is still there. Thanks for the tip. Only weird thing is why is it only on my older hubs and not my newer ones?

6. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Sometimes it just happens that when I edit a hub capsule it gets all messed up. I fix it that it looks ok just to find that when I load the page next time it's messed up again. The only solution I found was to delete the capsule with the problem and do it all over again.

I have occasionally found that on hubs I am working on Haunty, and have done exactly what you do, but this is weird because they have been fine for months, and to now go through each and make changes would be a nightmare, even if it worked.