jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

possiable hacker via Yahoo Email

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
    Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago

Just a heads up, regaurding yahoo email. I recieved this is my yahoo email today,..Sounds very bogus,..

YAHOO ALERTFriday, February 5, 2010 1:35 PMFrom: "YAHOO SERVICE MEMBER" Add sender to ContactsTo: yahoo.mailbot@yahoo.comYahoo! Customer Care Satisfaction Survey
    YAHOO ACCOUNT VERIFICATION ALERT !!! (KMM69467VL055834KM)

Due to the congestion in all Yahoo Accounts, Yahoo would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended for security reasons... 
    Yahoo! ID Card
    Name: ..............................................   
    Yahoo! ID: ...................................
    Yahoo! Mail Address: .............................
    Password: ...........................................

Member Information
    Birthdate: ..................................
    Occupation: ............................. Country:...................................

If you are a Yahoo! Account Premium subscriber, We will refund the unused portion of your Premium subscription, if any.. The refund will appear as a credit via the billing method we have on file for you. So please make sure that your billing information is correct and up-to-date. For more information, please visit https://billing.yahoo.com.

After following the instruction on this sheet your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal
    We appreciate your being a Yahoo! Account user.

Sincerely,

Yahoo! Customer Support

So I decided I would reply and tell them I do not feel comfortable sending such information so they can go ahead and close my account I have google email. So I hit reply and this was the email address that appeared in the To: section
    mail.mailingservice@yahoo.com.hk Not yahoo.verification@yahoo.com which appeared in the start of this email,..

Just curious who else recieved such an email,.. I did contact yahoo and made them aware of this email.

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good thinking, Mom-Just last week I was 'pfished' through my Hotmail account and was so mad, I wrote a Hub about it! lol  Actually, I am a very new computer user and have never had anyone ask me these sorts of questions before-so I bit.  Same stuff, it looks like, as yours in Yahoo.
      Well, I guess you live and learn.  I didn't really have anything critical in my account, so it's no huge loss, I just feel like a dummy, you know?

2. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
    Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago

ya my accounts got hacked 2 times a few months ago and since i use the same password for everything it screwed up a lot of my acconts. now i use different passwords and im exstra cautious now,...speaking of my account being hacked those 2 times it was after i used a retweet button from a site i was on,.. for instant retweets you must give permission for a third party to access your account,.. I dont do that no more,.. i just tweet it myself on my own now.

3. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

And THEN you've got to keep track of all those danged passwords!  Well, all the best to you, and keep up the caution!

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

i got phished for my facebook account twice last week. they said they needed to verify my account and that i had registered with the email account i use for hubpages (which i didn't). i thought that was strange since i opened my facebook account a long time ago, yet it said i had opened one with my hubpages email account on september 21. so someone must have opened one with my email address and hoped i would verify the acount for them.

god there's some sneaky little so-and-sos out there yikes

5. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I got that email several times a day about a month ago for about a week. I just deleted everyone of them. Looked bogus, so delete.

working