jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

"Related Hubs" Criteria?

1. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know the criteria used by Hubpages to determine which hubs appear in the "Related Hubs" section of individual hubs?

Thanks in advance...

2. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 6 years ago

gentle bump wink

3. Elijah S profile image76
    Elijah Sposted 6 years ago

Hubscore is probably at least one parameter taken into account. Possibly tags and keywords (appearing in the title/title description) too.

4. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I'd guess tags and keywords are utilized-sometimes these 'related hubs' can get pretty strange.  Actually, I have found some of them fairly offensive on my hubs-they really had nothing to do with my writing whatsoever!

5. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure that score does anything but affect which hubs in that category come up first. I believe that any hubs published in the same categories (that have the same 'file path') will come up, with the highest ranked ones first.

Look at the blue 'file path' just under the top black menu bar, and you will see an example of what I mean. Any posts to this thread will all have the same 'file path'.

Look at this when you visit a hub, and you will see where that hub has been categorized - its 'file path'. This is chosen by the author when they create the hub - when they assign it to a category or topic.

If you disagree - if you feel that a particular hub that shows up in 'Related Hubs' does not belong in the same category as your hub, you should go and take a look at the hub. Than, if you still feel it doesn't fit the category, or you find it offensive that it appears in that category, you should flag it to bring it to the attention of the Hub Pages Team.

Hope this helps