jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Hubs on Prescription Drugs

1. A2shley profile image60
    A2shleyposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub on a specific prescription drug; after I published it I got an immediate warning saying my hub was likely to be flagged for violating google adsense content rules.  I unpublished it right away to be safe, but in the meantime I am unsure if I can publish it as is.  The rule I may potentially violate is "sale of pharmaceutical drugs."  The hub is about the misuse of a specific drug and how it is being marketed to treat a condition that it was not designed for and for which there is very little scientific evidence documenting its effectiveness. I'm not advocating the use of the drug as much as advocating awareness of its potential side effects.  Anyone run into a similar problem like this? Should I just bite the bullet and see what adsense does?  Any advice from Hubpage staff or Senior Hubbers? Help and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Ashley, I figured I would give my two cent for what it is worth. I think the problem you have is word "prescription drugs".

I really think it's based on these two words directly, because it can be utilize to sell or pass a long information, and any connection to the sale of such a product would be extremely hurtful to adsense.

I would change some of the content words, doctor prescribed medicine might be easier to handle, than prescription drugs?

Just a thought. smile

1. Naomi R. Cox profile image62
      Naomi R. Coxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you on this Cagsil. I think if A2shley does like you advised, then she may could publish her hub without a problem.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Thank you Naomi. That's really the only thing I could see wrong, without actually viewing the hub itself. smile How are you today? smile big_smile

4. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I'm liking this product review hub already.  free samples?

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Anytime you are concerned about a specific phrase just put it into google...look at the sponsored ads on the right.

"Prescription drugs" does not raise flags, its a well advertised term (you could  use the keyword tool, also)

If it was my personal site and I knew that my article wasnt against TOS (not selling pharma) I wouldnt be concerned and would just publish it.

As it is, you could mark it as non-commercial and remove outgoing links.

I bet hub admin has the best understanding of where the line lies and I would contact for an explanantion

1. A2shley profile image60
      A2shleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cagsil, Sunforged, and Naomi!  I did do a little keyword research beforehand to help me select tags, etc.  I think you might be right that the "flag" might have popped up as a precaution because of the category in general.  I think I'll revise the tags, and chuck out one of the outgoing links to the drugs website and see if that helps.  Thank you!