Where do you backlink?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (41 posts)
  1. AllanWrites profile image60
    AllanWritesposted 14 years ago

Where do you normally post to establish backlinks?

1. Anath profile image62
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get bored backlinking so I don't really do much about it.  I usually only use twitter and facebook.  Yesterday I started with shetoldme.com and friendfeed.

1. G Miah profile image79
        G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you still making money though?

1. Anath profile image62
          Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do.  I don't do much marketing at all.  At the start I only had internal views (hubpages only) now it seems to be picking up in search engines and external sites without me having to do much about it. 

I only joined friendfeed this morning because I noticed yesterday that I had quite a number of incoming views from that site.

2. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I use software for all of my backlinking campaigns. It saves a lot of time.

3. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just published a hub on this today smile

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

some suggested sources

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Website-Tra … -earn-from    places i backlink for increased revenue

http://hubpages.com/hub/Increase-Your-T … follow-PR6 - a dofollow backlink list  ryankett

http://hubpages.com/hub/backlinking   darkside on backlinking

1. MyWebs profile image79
      MyWebsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sunforged. Those links are great resources. Especially the first one which you wrote, not to take away from darkside's hub one bit.

1. sunforged profile image69
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well  my hub doesnt speak much on the overall concept of backlinking...it just shows a quick method to get people started in the process

Darksides is more informative in a holistic nature and a great resource for new users

once one is indoctrinated into the BL purpose than Ryans hub has a bunch more sites you can use easily...make your decision about the worthiness of PR at bookmarking sites (your link willnever be more than a 1)

3. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

There are a lot of people who have achieved some great success without worrying about backlinking.  Some of my most successful sites have been ones which I have done the least backlinking on!

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

either a fluke
      or well planned research
      or sites that would do better with a backlink campaign and could probably be easily conquered if anybody else ever challenges that niche.

or you wrote so well other felt the desire to create natural backlinks for you

Certainly, not a good strategy for long term success...there are a lot more people who dominate whatever niche they desire by well planned and thorough backlink promotion

correlation does not imply causation

1. Silver Rose profile image66
        Silver Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kind of agree. You can get away with no external backlinking if there is a huge quantity of internal backlinks pointing to your hub.

But you are vulnerable to someone coming along and beating that with a wide variety of external links.

2. TerryGl profile image57

So as your profile reads your into seo consultancy.

Are we to assume that in your wisdom and thorough knowledge of seo that there is no need to for backlinking then?

Is that one of your seo tips?

I'd be interested to know if you have actually had any consultancy to do.

4. thisisoli profile image70

I am not saying that backlinking is not important, but sometimes success can sometimes come from unexpected angles!

Backlinking does not guarentee Google placement, there are lots of aspects to consider, and Backlinks are merely part of that.

1. TerryGl profile image57

So what your saying is you build a site and put it on hosting and leave it then?

Is that right, because I really cannot see any other way to promote that site without a backlink of some sorts.

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

There's a huge indoor pool where I live I practice my laps there big_smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey oli what's up?

6. thisisoli profile image70

hi Lyrics!

Terry,

No I didn't and I don't think you should put words in my mouth.

Other things that influence serps include, but are not limited to

Keyword density
    Keyword count
    Page quality (Outgoing links on page)
    Keyword in Domain
    Keyword in URL
    Domain Extension
    Meta Tags & Description
    Font Size and attributes
    Images & Alt text
    Internal links
    loading speed of page
    Frequency of Updates
    Age of site
    Spelling and Grammar

and these are just some of the known factors that can affect serps, Google has stated that they use over 200 factors in their ranking formula, if backlinking was the only thing to affect pagerank, than PR1 websites would never see the light of day, and PR8 websites would have cornered even the most obscure of keywords.

Only PR is directly linked to number of backlinks & their quality, but it is also well regarded that PR does not guarantee high search engine placements.

And I am currently working for a London restaurant and a mens fashion magazine in my SEO capacity.

7. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 14 years ago

Oh dear!!

8. profile image56
    Siew Chengposted 14 years ago

I dont usually put in effort to backlinks to hubpages. Once in a while, when I am the mood, I create a blog post to get links to a few hubs.  Other than that, the traffic comes in naturally.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

are xomba and she told me dofollow??

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shetoldme is - Xomba isn't.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you very much

2. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just wanted to ask, when you post a link to she told me, do you copy/ paste your first paragraph in the 'scoop description' or do you write new original stuff to describe your hub? thanks in advance! smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

morning MOW< good day to you,

2. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Always write unique content on the sites where you create backlink, this is good practice. Much better way is to write 200-250 word article in short that is related to your hub or site and then slip the link inside it.

1. myownworld profile image73
            myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile thanks for that! It's one of those things no one really explains when mentioning back links, so cheers!

10. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

will somebody here share which sites are do follow while at the same time earning from them???

1. Drwibble profile image59
      Drwibbleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a hub with a table of revenue sharing sites for backlinks with their affiliates, dofollow and what sort of links they accept. I won't post the link but it is called "Ultimate Collection of websites for backlinks and traffic"

As I come across new revenue sharing website that I use for backlinking they will be added here.

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

- shetoldme(dofollow)
      - yousaytoo (nofollow)
      - webanswers(nofollow)
      - xomba (nofollow)
      - today.com(dofollow)

all the above mentioned sites are adsense revenue sharing sites.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
        alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THANKS SKYFIRE, much appreciated

11. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

I think it's good to 'back link' to this thread! wink

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35761

(Misha, yours got a worthy mention in the other thread btw!) smile

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thanks MOW, I am actually quite flattered with Peter's endorsement - must be I really managed something worthy. smile

13. yenajeon profile image71
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I've been trying
    fb, twitter, ff, reddit (good), xomba, digg and blogs smile
    But... I'm pretty lazy about it and most of my traffic is HP, Google and Yahoo!

14. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 14 years ago

I have got so sick and tired of backlinking the manual way that I paid 147 for software that does it automatically. I have a lot more time now and see quicker results.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a spare 147 sad
      It's a vicious circle. You write to make money and you can get quicker returns if you pay out yet more money on software to promote your links, but until you get some return for your writing, you can't afford to pay out!
      I just spent two whole days backlinking and hardly got anything done. It's just so time consuming, and I am normally online for 12 hours a day.

1. Misha profile image63

You don't have to shell out $147 at once. You can start as low as $5 a month, and when you start making money add more expensive options. smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What companies start out at that price that are worth using?

1. Misha profile image63

Check my latest hub, if you have not already smile

15. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

I backlink all the time.  I think it is valuable tool to obtaining more traffic.

16. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

On the internet usually!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)