jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Testers for products? Scam or legit?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Do you guys know about offers to be testers for products, sometimes expensive ones (such as laptops)? Can you really be a tester for these expensive products and get to keep it when done testing? How can one avoid being scammed out of personal info like phone numbers and home address?

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Always read the fine print.  Make true the doctrine that if something looks too good to be true - it probably is.

I have never participated in any of these "opportunities" but I know that they do say that participation is required.  This participation leads to you spending money for that opportunity.  Whether you keep the laptop or not I do not know but would advise anyone to stay clear of "too good" opportunities.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I would be very wary, there are opportunities out there, but generally a company will not just hand a trial laptop to anyone, since there is no guarantee it will be returned, or even reviewed!

4. Money Glitch profile image88
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

I had a friend participate in one of these before. Or attempted to do so.  It was a hoax. It was a third party gathering information to send more e-mails to make you buy other products.  Every time she opted out, she was presented with another gadget to buy costing hundreds of dollars. She never made it through the maze to get the free product if there actually was one.