jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Adsense woes!

1. liswilliams profile image60
    liswilliamsposted 7 years ago

How does it happen that I made $3 for 1 click from adsense and the next day zero for a click?, just a little odd

1. maxx2010 profile image57
      maxx2010posted 7 years ago in reply to this

its like a lottery dude...u got to check out my hubs

2. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Maxx is right, it really is like a lottery or even the stock market.
    I have seen Hubs earn tons one day and almost nothing the next, with no change in traffic or content.

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

From what I have been able to gather, is that adsense advertisers pay a certain amount for a click. So, some click earn more than others and some do very badly. smile

Hope I helped. smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They bid for positions on a certain keyword. Keyword is the deciding factor when it comes to the cost per click.

One thing I'll like to mention about the bidding on keywords; even if someone bids $100 on the keyword 'blonde jokes', he won't be charged more than a certain amount which won't exceed $1 in most cases.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Yea and don't get astonished if you earn some $20 or so for a click because you can with Adsense.

BTW, you don't earn anything from a click on PSA or a CPM ad.

5. liswilliams profile image60
    liswilliamsposted 7 years ago

yeah, that's a bit clearer now

6. Sunshiney31 profile image78
    Sunshiney31posted 7 years ago

Just wandering how and when do you recieve your monies if people click on your ads? Can you check up on it somehow..I'm trying to learn this thing.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you signed up with google adsense? You have to do that and put your user number into hubpages. Then you can check online anytime at your google adsense page (you'll have a user ID and password) to see who has clicked what, if anything.

7. PeterKlibs profile image60
    PeterKlibsposted 7 years ago

I've made $6 on a click and 1 cent on another. If you're really struggling it could be that you need SEO help or better keyword search before you write your hub.

working