jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Excluding Self from Statistics

1. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Is there any way I can exclude myself from my page views in my statistics? I had an unpublished hub that had 30 views on it that will inflate my overall views and my graph.

You could say that I should look at my own topics less, but sometimes you have to check the links in them to make sure they link correctly and all of that good stuff.

2. wyanjen profile image89
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

Sorry, there's no way to do it.
    A view is a view

You should look at your own hubs just as often as you want to. smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

big_smile hey jen big_smile

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

There could be a way to figure it out, but you would need to know many factors, for which, is information you do not have access to, but HubPages does.

Since, your visits/views of your own hubs, adds to your totals, there is no reason for you not to visit your hubs, even if it only to look it over, to see if it sparks, either other ideas for writing, possibly a related topic?

Not to mention, your traffic is included with all others, so it helps hubscores of those hubs. You can better believe, when GOOGLE scans for hubs, it wants the freshest content it can find. By you visiting your own hub, you leave a mark on the hub, for when it was last accessed/viewed or had a visitor.

Hope I helped. smile

1. Ohma profile image78
      Ohmaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil is this also true if you view your hubs from your account page?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean visit your hubs from your profile hub? I would think it increases your profile hub's statistics, and causes you to have inaccurate readings on how many visited your profile hub.

I use statistic page to open my hubs in new tabs, whenever I want to work on them or review them. I give my hubs a couple of weeks to respond to specific changes.

To know if your individual traffic is applied to your profile hub, is not known to me.

But, I do know any visitor to your hubs is recorded. There is no distinction between YOU and another Visitor. smile

2. DevinG profile image60
      DevinGposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah great smile, thanks. I guess you are right that when Google crawls it, they would look into something like that. Thanks for the info smile

4. wyanjen profile image89
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

Hi lyrics.
    How have you been?

working