Spam messages on our website

1. 2patricias profile image61
    2patriciasposted 6 years ago

We have a website (that I won't name in this post) and have a blog within the site so that we can quiclkly update what we have been doing.
    We have a package for the software from 123, and the blog is part of the software package.
    Each of our posts can receive 'comments'.  Lately we are inundated by spam comments in HTML that contain numerous references to pharmaceuticals.  Although we try to delete these spam comments on a daily basis, the result is that our Google ads on that page are often for parmaceutical products.
    Although we would get the income from any clicks on those ads, the ad content is irrelevant to our site - and we really want ads that will interest our viewers.
    Any ideas on how to prevent these spam comments?

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
      Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Isn't there a way for you to approve the comments before they are displayed?  That way you can skim over the spam comments and approve the ones that you find useful.

2. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I get thousands of those every month. You should be able to find a setting that lets you approve each comment before it shows. You also need to use a spam filter of some kind for your comments.

Wordpress is a great blogging software that lets you do all that. All my spam gets caught and thrown out without me even having to see it.