jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Advice on how to create a hub...

1. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

How do I create an acceptable hub about my own website. It's a fashion/shopping website.
    What is and is not allowed? Is there a limit on size or number of links? Please enlighten me smile

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Create a Hub on a related subject to your site and then pass one or two links through to your own website smile

3. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

ok so can I assume that writing a hub exclusively about your own website is prohibited?

4. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Does it have to be about your website?

Can't it be about the topic that you cover at your own site?

Lets say you have a page on your blog about the 'Development of High Heels' and you publish a hub on the 'History of Womens Shoes'. When you touch on high heels in your hub, you can highlight a keyword phrase in your content, preferably something that says 'high heels' and then hyperlink it to your site.

You now have yourself a backlink.

And it benefits the curious reader who will only click on it if it really interests them. That's quality traffic.

It's win/win.

5. moanalisa profile image59
    moanalisaposted 6 years ago

The amount of time it takes to get a reply that answers all of your questions directly here, you could have had them answered in 5 minutes if you bothered to read the terms of service.

If your purpose here is to market a product, then to not bother to read the TOS indicates to me that you wouldn't value any contracts you'd have with your customers, either.

Choose wisely.

6. DanPowers profile image77
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

Hubs that just link to other sites get a low Hubscore and create no value for the person writing them.