jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Too excited about writing to sleep

1. timothyjward profile image77
    timothyjwardposted 6 years ago

Does anyone else ever get so exciting about writing that they can't go to sleep. This happens to me sometimes and I'm just wondering if this is a good thing or a bad thing? Sure I get some good writing in but then i look and feel like a zombie all the next day. Am I the only one.....?

1. 0
      sophsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I get like that sometimes, it seems I have writer's block through the day then as soon as I get into bed good ideas just come flooding in! yikes

2. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

You are not alone. I am however currently suffering from a case of writers block. I just wish I could write.

timothyjwardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hope you get over the writers block...

3. 0
    hamstersmessiahposted 6 years ago

i'm often up for twenty or more hours at a stretch until i've absolutely exhausted my sensibilities but find some good stuff comes out so i guess it's worth it.

timothyjwardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks I've never had a twenty hour stretch but it's goog to know some good can come from it

4. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 6 years ago

I practice meditation before I go to sleep to slow my mind down. It always works.

5. Ann Nonymous profile image82
    Ann Nonymousposted 6 years ago

With each passing day I find myself sleeping less at night (sleeping less in general!!!) and dedicating more time involuntarily to writing. Every time I turn the lights off an idea pops in my head and the ideas keep flowing until I write them down. And once I give in to turning the light back on I am sometimes back up until 5, 6, 7, 8 am.

No, it is not healthy, but perhaps it is just a phase because I lived under the harsh word and realities of writers block for months before and this is such a difference. It's a love -hate relationship. I love that I have so many ideas and that I am able to FINALLY write freely but I hate that I literally CAN NOT sleep for lack of my brain not turning off!!!

All in all I wouldn't trade this in for the world...

ha ha ha ha hypergraphia!?!? I hope not! LOL

So, my fellow hubber, "rest" assured you are not alone!!!

6. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Happens to me all the time, get up all bleary eyed the next day and then do it all over again! I never learn. smile