jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Broken link alert but no broken link

1. Tenerife Islander profile image91
    Tenerife Islanderposted 6 years ago

On one of my hubs I keep getting an alert saying there is a potentially broken link but when I go in edit mode it does not highlight where the link is and as far as I can tell they are all OK! Can anyone explain what has gone wrong here please?

2. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 6 years ago

You could try clicking on the links out of edit mode to see if they are still good. I have had a couple of alerts, one hub was all clear, the other did contain a broken link. I checked them in and out of edit mode.

3. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

This happened on my newest hub about cod-liver oil, too. "A potentially broken link" warning appears, but the links work.

4. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 6 years ago

I have had a few hubs give me this same problem. I just click the ignore buttons :p

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I have a few hubs that say one of my links is bad, but it's fine and works fine. Not sure what's up with it. It's the same link across like 6 hubs.

6. Tenerife Islander profile image91
    Tenerife Islanderposted 6 years ago

I am not alone with the problem it appears! Thank you, Jen, Aya, Devin and Whitney for your responses!

7. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I've had one hub that has that same problem.  The link works fine, but it often shows the link is broken.

8. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

The ignore button fixes these cases.  There are a few false positives that admin can't seem to fix, so that was their alternative.

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I have had one of these before, it was quite frustrating.

The weird thing was, it was one of my published hubs!