Re amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 16 years ago

Doe anyone really earn money with Amazon.  When first joined I eventually got 3 clicks.  Since then I have not even had one click never mind earning money,
    What am I doing wrong.  I have changed some of the things to better match the article, but still no good.   Just curious.  Wishful thinking on my part of earning 1or2 cents or something

1. makemoneyonline profile image39
      makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It seems that nobody earns a lot money with Amazon on Hubpages even the "heavy hitters" so don't worry if you don't.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yes - Currently +/- $200 a month from five hubs

Wow I'm amazed hope I could do that one day but I'm not really hopefull smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Why not ? I only did it as an experiment to see how to make money from Amazon. These hubs are solely aimed at amazon. Take a look at my technology group. They are pretty simple. But when you sell a $1,000 hifi, the commission is not bad. smile

1. Susan Ng profile image82
            Susan Ngposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think it helps that your profile (and profile picture) builds you up as someone with credibility.  People respect your opinion, Mr. Mark Knowles, so they consider buying the products that you say are good. big_smile

2. Eileen Hughes profile image62

ok thanks for that, then I wont bother.  Just have to wait for a lotto win....and dream onnnnnnn...  no money is not the be all end all but......it would be nice to have that little bit m  o  r  e.....

3. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 16 years ago

Amazon sales did take a while for me, and I remember other people saying for them as well.  However, once they start coming in, they can make you a nice additional chunk, so I wouldn't give up completely.

Could you give give the % compared to Adsense ?
      I've just been putting Amazon a few days ago just to see, haven't done so before since I seems it wasn't worth.

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

It took a while for me to get my first Amazon sales, mostly because I accidently added an '!' to the end of my ID. But, since I've fixed it I get at least 5 sales a week, usually more but sometimes less so I'll give it an average 5. It's better than nothing, and more than I started with. It just takes the right products. Don't add any ol' product to your hubs. Make sure they're relevant to the topic.

Agreed with Maddie, don't give up yet. It really does take the right products on your hubs, but the extra money surely doesn't hurt. (I'm actually waiting for a nice Amazon deposit from last month; I can't wait to get it in April.)

5. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 16 years ago

Of all the sites where I have Amazon sales incorporated, this one is the weakest, but it's very slowly growing.  I'll chime in with a "second" or "third" to the statement that your products have to be closely related to what you are talking about.

6. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

I have finally made my first 20 cents on Amazon.  I'm always careful to choose relevant items, but I think the problem is just that I'm not writing about consumer subjects, so people don't come to my Hubs looking to buy something.

I'm not going to get rid of my Amazon capsules, though.  They add a bit more colour and interest to the layout, especially if I don't have a lot of illustrations.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

That really doesn't matter. I have a hub about wet-tail in hamsters. It's not meant as  commercial, and I've sold a few bottles of dri-tail that I have featured on the site.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

OK, so that shoots that theory down in flames!  I'm not really too worried anyway.  Glad to hear it's working for you, Whitney.

7. College politico profile image59
    College politicoposted 16 years ago

I make the vast majority of my money on hubpages from amazon. So I guess I'm a bit different from everybody else. I've made about 40 dollars in the first 3 and a half months with amazon. It is my greatest monetary asset on hubpages.

If you really want to start making money from amazon then you're probably going to have to start writing product reviews or something similar and then you'll have to manage to find specifically targeted traffic interested in those products. But thats certainly not impossible.

8. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

College politico, I'm not saying that I don't do well with Amazon. If that's what you took from that.

I've actually made aver $60 in the past month and a half alone, which is pretty good, I think.

You don't necessarily need product reviews to sale products either, as I mentioned I wrote about wet-tail, not a review about dri-tail, and I get buys. Same with other hubs. I have few that are actually product reviews, so to speak, but not many.

9. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments and advice.   I won't give up then
    Tar

10. Eileen Hughes profile image62

oh boy .... can I rub shoulders with you so some bright idea may rub off on me.

And earn some money.

11. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Take a look at my technology hubs - feel free to copy the layout and whatever. As I mentioned to someone in another thread, the new google adsense layout is messing them up a bit, but I tried a new format with this one:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Five-Best-Digit … ameras-SLR
    Which prevents the first block of ads from breaking up the amazon capsule from the text.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

The one time I made money through Amazon was when I had my own website.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)