jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

If you built it, will they come?

1. DanPowers profile image76
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

Hi all,

I'm a new hubber and already I'm loving this site. So far I've built 11 hubs. My question is - once you build hubs will they get much traffic without any effort put into marketing them? Or should I be linking them from my other sites, submitting to search engines and using article submission tools?

1. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most hubbers will agree you need to market your hubs. It's great if you have other sites - do the linking!

2. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I would backlink as much as possible, in fact the more you get used to writing new hubpages you'll find that some do better on their own without any promotion, whilst some are considered duds, but try and promote everything, even the duds, you can optimize them and test other hubpage optimizations out, that's what I did over a year ago and I doubled my traffic currently I'm seeing over 63,000 views a month, but I know full well that I've got to double back and optimize a further 70 hubpages to make an impact on that traffic range.

Good luck!

3. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Marketing will definately help! However I do not market - simply because I am really bad at it - and I still get about 400 visits to my 100+ hubs - not a lot, but not bad for no marketing.....some of my hubs get 50+ daily hits just because of the niche!

I will be marketing soon and I'll let you know if I see a marked upturn!

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

And you have done two more in under an hour, impressive!

If you want instant traffic, then you wil ldefiantely have to do some marketting and optimization.  Search engines will generally pick you up soon enough though, but then it is down to you skill in SEO to beat the top names to the top of Google!

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

It really depends on how crowed the market is for your topics.  If there are not many articles for your topic, then you do not need to do much.  Traffic will come, however, if there are many pages of well written articles on a topic, then backlink to the best of your ability.  smile

4. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Backlinks - yes.
    Social bookmarking - yes.

Submitting to directories?  What kind of directories are you thinking of?

Back in the old days, you had to manually submit websites to the search engines.  Most of the time, once you have your backlinks in place, the search engines will find you.  It's actually better for them to find you than it is for you to submit.

Beyond that, you'll get more unique visits from marketing your hubs than just sitting back and waiting.