jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Hubs with no images

1. DanPowers profile image76
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

Hi all,

I've built a number of hubs since I joined. I wonder if there was any penalty for having no images on a hub? I notice that these topics just show as a white box on my profile page and other places within hubpages. I like to use my own copyrighted images where possible, but I don't have suitable pictures for some of my topics.

2. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

It shows up as a white box because you dont have a profile pic. If you load an avitar at least, there will be something. You are not penalized for not having pictures, but Ive found hubs with pictures tend to get more views.
    Welcome to HP.  smile

3. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

A lot of people on Flickr will allow you to use their images for hubbing purposes. You may even find some beautiful Chinese ladies on there if you are lucky, Dannyboy.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

A good picture at the top is definately a good way to draw in visitors, and there are a lot of images out there which are public domain (free to use)!

5. Sa Toya profile image87
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

Pics definitely help, sometimes I click on a hub simply because the picture peeked my interest.

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
    GeneralHowitzerposted 6 years ago

With or without pictures is okay, but pics would enhance your articles then why not use it. Just a point of view though.

7. reddog1027 profile image90
    reddog1027posted 6 years ago

Sometimes I have a hard time deciding whether a picture is free to use or not. Here's something I found out.  Paintings and sculpture from ancient cultures are not subject to copyright.  Any one is free to use them.

8. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

A hub without a picture won't hurt, but it also definitely won't help.  Imagine flipping through a magazine that had no pictures.  Pictures ad pizazz. 

There's a lot of places online to get pictures to use without having to pay for them.  Do a search for "Creative commons" pictures.  Flicker has that, Google does as well(under advanced image search).  Everystockphoto.com is a great site, so is wikicommons.  There's more out there, just do a search for them.

Check the license tag though, some pictures require you to cite where they came from, some don't.