jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to gain from RSS Feed and how it works?

1. laswi profile image61
    laswiposted 6 years ago

RSS is expanded as Really Simple Syndication and it is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video in a standardized format.

2. restoremyheart profile image59
    restoremyheartposted 6 years ago

Just now learning about some of these things.  RSS, still don't really understand how it works?

3. Missi Darnell profile image89
    Missi Darnellposted 6 years ago

I'm there with you restoremyheart. I see it on all of my hubs but dont understand why its there or its potential. Can someone clarify for us?

4. Internetwriter62 profile image87
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

I would like to understand more about the RSS feed. Because if it is a way to mutually promote one another's hubs. I would like to do some with my fellow hubbers. We could all use more promoting.

5. 0
    rethansmithposted 6 years ago

The RSS capsule allows you to import an RSS feed from an existing website.  News sites and blogs are the most traditional services that publicize and actively promote their RSS feeds.

What you can do is take the RSS feed link from a blog/news site and post it into the RSS capsule on your hub - provided that the information and links in the RSS feed are relevant to the topic of the hub itself.  Ideally, you would add an RSS feed into a hub to keep the content of the hub "fresh" as the RSS feed would update often.  Many say that this freshness of content improves the standing and ranking of hubs in search engines.

6. videl05 profile image73
    videl05posted 6 years ago

Thanks for clarifying this, rethansmith. Seems like I totally ignored the potential of RSS capsule on my hubs.

Have to work more on that!smile