jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

My First Hubpage

1. Support Med. profile image79
    Support Med.posted 7 years ago

I do not want my first hubpage to be deleted.  When creating it, I uploaded a picture from my computer, however, the facts say that you should receive permission first.  I did not and who do I get permission from?  The hubpage is not yet published so I am trying to correct problems  before publishing it.  Is there a category to go to so that Hubpages can screen it first before I publish it?  Or, do I publish it and then let them tell me what I need to revise?  Thank you in advance for your help.

1. afunguy24 profile image60
      afunguy24posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi,

If the images don't  have a copyright notice than its not copyright infringement.

Contact me if you have any more questions

Regards,

Darius
      http://hubpages.com/profile/afunguy24

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is completely untrue. 

All photographs are copyright unless specifically stated otherwise.

You need to search for photos which state they are in the public domain, or have a Creative Commons License for commercial use.

Flickr has an Advanced Search where you can do that.  Google Images also has an Advanced Search but it's very unreliable, and the instructions tell you it's your responsibility to check the license on any image you want to use.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Getting permission for any of your content or images is your responsiblity, not HubPages.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#whoownscontent

http://hubpages.com/faq/#what_is_allowed

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

HubPages doesn't approve hubs if there's a problem they'll let you now.

Support Med.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for clearing that up for me and thanks for welcoming me to HubPages!

4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

ps-welcome big_smile

5. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

It should be fine, especially if it is a picture you own.

I hope so, it is a picture that comes with the hard drive library.  Thanks for response.

6. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Welcome to hubpages.

Thank you for your welcome!  Just read your article about the children, abuse and runaways.  Insightful, very well written.  As you know, your grandchildren are blessed to have you.

7. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages!

If you took the pictures, you only need to ask the person whose pictures you are using permission. If the pictures you took only contain sceneries and/or animals, you can post as many as you want without permission.

Thank you for the welcome!  And for the advice!

8. james44121 profile image81
    james44121posted 7 years ago

Im not sure why my page for SwagBucks got deleted. Could it be because of the picture i posted of a swagbuck, or the link i posted for my referall link, or a link i posted referring readers to another page about swagbucks.

working