jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)

Is it me or did many author scores drop today?

1. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

must not be enough traffic for me.  Nothing has changes. odd.  oh well.

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
      Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My fault - I went and gave a thumbs down to each and every one of your Hubs, at least ten times big_smile

Seriously - it should soon climb back up to where it should be. It is a complete mystery how it all works hmm

1. 0
        lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol xo

2. Rayalternately profile image60
      Rayalternatelyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it's like a random number generator. If I do nothing it goes up, if I do something it goes down... oh hang on, maybe that's a trend! yikes

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I don't get too hung up on it, but I thought it strange that a day when I had more views than normal, had high hub score and lots of red arrows, and my hubber score dropped a few points?hmm
    I was participating with comments, giving thumbs up, some forum activity.? I can never figure it out.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i don't underatand the hub scoring anymore. today i have watched my hub score bounce all over the map: 95, 98, 97, 96, 98 again, then 96, all in a matter of hours.

see? now it's at 97 again! big_smile

3. alexandriaruthk profile image53
    alexandriaruthkposted 6 years ago

the rating system is subjective like one of it is your reputation I dont know how they grade reputation

one of the criteria is how much money you bring to HubPages, I dont know what is the threshold like if you bring in 50 USD today you get an increase of score by how many notches??

4. efeguy profile image59
    efeguyposted 6 years ago

scores has been droping,reasons i don't know

5. Princessa profile image87
    Princessaposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it.  Scores go up and down sometimes for "unkown" reasons.
    I have been here for 3 years now and I don't know yet why my hub score goes up to 100 one day and down as low as 94 others...
    In any event, I don't think it makes much difference and is not worth worrying about.

6. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Lyrics, I don't think you need to worry about it. lol lol

7. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I haven't had that problem smile

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ooo a 100 among us...we are not worthy we are not worthy lol congrats UW

8. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

and yes mine has jumped down a little..it was higher yesterday but dropped down two..oh well smile no worries Lyrics we are all on the same roller coaster hehehe

9. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

My score dropped from 91 to 88 today, despite the fact I had 3 times as many views as I have been receiving for the last week - not that the views account to much either way.

I haven't been doing anything different today to other days, haven't published a hub...

10. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

Mine has gone down from 91 today and yet I've done nothing different.

11. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 6 years ago

I've been told there is a certain random element to hubscores to give us all 'a chance at the top'. smile

12. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

I've had awful 'traffic' numbers today but my authorscore has remained ok.
    It is a mystery!!

13. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

you know what this means?! I should just start doing nothing!

14. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Thanks all, appreciate it just loosing 4 points while I slept made me cranky ha, cheers xo