jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

My 1st Hub.......can I pls get some feedback - thks

1. SanBan profile image61
    SanBanposted 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I really like Hubpages and want to learn.

This is my first hub:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Jamaican-Errol- … mpics-2010

Can I please get some feedback? Both good and bad welcomed.
    Also how do I add the hubpages signup link on my own hub?
    After publishing - what do I do next?

Thanks

1. lovelypaper profile image69
      lovelypaperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good context for a first hub! I would put in another Ebay or Amazon capsule alongside the other one.

SanBanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate the time.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I would suggest to use more text capsules. Break down your writing into smaller paragraphs, so to keep the short attention span of the average person and let your hub flow with fluid motion from top to bottom.

On a side note, I would suggest moving your Amazon capsule to the bottom of your page, so you AdSense ad are higher on your hub.

When you add more capsules, you'll automatically create more AdSense ad spaces.

Plus, I'm also of the understanding that articles/hubs should be about 800-1500 words in length or longer.

Your hub is too short. Some say that 400 is the absolute minimum for writing a hub, but doesn't provide enough content for GOOGLE scanners which scan for content and key words.

Your tags on the side of your hub, seem to be pretty good.

Hope I was helpful. smile

Thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate the suggestions and will incorporate.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Welcome to hubpages SanBan. I just went and looked and I really liked how you positioned your videoes off to the side so that they are there but don't take away from what you have written.

It is a good first hub but it was kind of lengthy so try to break it up al ittle bit more. I liked the topic you picked. Good job!

Thank You so much, I will do that.

working