jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

1. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Anyone heard of mygeoinfo.com? They take articles about physical places  and pay 90% Adsense sharing. I put a couple of travel articles there, it seems to be real new. Just curious if anyone else has used it and if it makes any money?

2. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Hm.. sounds interesting for that niche. Is it just for travel and "geo" topics?

3. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Yes, it's for travel and geo articles. I'm just going to watch it for a while and see what it does with what I've put on.

I did see a couple of articles that weren't travel or geo related at all, and it makes me wonder if it's monitored at all. I'll also wait to see what happens with those...

4. DanPowers profile image76
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

Sounds interesting, but the site doesn't look very nice. Also there is poor editorial control - there are pages about "allergies" and things that are clearly not travel related.

It's a shame because if it looked as nice as hubpages and had some sexy Google maps then it would be a clear winner!

5. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

it would be nice if it was more heavily moderated, it seems pretty new, so I am going to keep am eye on it to see how it pans out.

I have done a lot of travelling, and while I do not have the memory for detail which I would require to become a true travel writer, I do love to talk about my travels, and that looks like it would be an ideal location for it!

6. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

The site looks amateurish, if they want people to part with there Adsense code they really do need to look the business.

I have travelled Europe and the US extensively in my work and should be heading to New Zealand hopefully soon, so this would be great for me. One to keep in mind though.

7. DanPowers profile image76
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

Perhaps one of the managers at Hubpages could set up a decent rival. With some nice web 2.0 maps, capsules, iPhoneability and interactiveness this could be an epic win.

I'll keep an eye on mygeoinfo, but I'm wary of associating my precious adsense code with a poor quality site.