jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

ODesk or Contant Content?

1. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

Shoot:  I made a spelling error:  it should read Constant Content.  I hate my keyboard. I've been reading Sufidreamer's fantastic hubs on ODesk and am tempted to try it out.  I haven't had a lot of luck with ELance and am more pulled into ODesk's platform.  However, of late, I've been trying to get information about Constant Content am and wondering if any hubbers have any experiences to share.  No doubt, I need to expand my writing as I'm taking the financial side of it more seriously.  Perhaps I should give both a try, but due to time constraints (read this:  3 kids) I feel I need to focus on one more than the other since I'm already a dedicated HP member.  Thoughts?  Experiences?  Help!

2. 0

3. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

I use both... and honestly, Odesk is the best if you want to make money.. It's can just be difficult getting hired.

I don't especially like Constant Content... I don't find the work to be... My forte?

Odesk is great when you get the job though smile  My friend has been working on there for a couple months and made around 400 bucks so far.  A project she's working on there now is going to pay her another 100 just for checking grammatical errors on four spreadsheet smile

4. 0

Hye, blatva, thanks for the input.  I'm definitely taking what you say into consideration.  I'm just worried about all the Odesk competition...  Maybe I can somehow ind the time to do both.  I appreciate your response.

5. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

there is alot of competition... but at the same time.. there's alot of work on there. Even I've gotten a job smile   
    It can seem pretty daunting, But it gets alot better in time. AND the more jobs you get, The better chance you have of getting more jobs on there in the future.
    ODesk employers like to see people who are committed smile

6. 0

"Daunting" is exactly how I'd describe it.  Plus, I have no "official" experience.  But, I know it take perseverance and time.  I'm even worried about filling out my profile.  I've taken a look at Sufi's, it helps to have an example. 

Do you find that Constant Content is more technical writing.  Is that what you meant by it not being your forte?