jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Advice on Internet Withdrawal

1. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago

OK peeps...  i know i just got here but i'm leaving on an extended trip in a couple of days and will be away from my beloved Similichron for 12 days.  no internet unless i can persuade my friend to let me hop on her mac for a quick peek at my e-mail and stuff.  i know i will be suffering from severe internet withdrawal by the end of my sojourn, especially the 2 1/2 days each way by train when i'll be completely cut off so, other than writing my fingers to the bone, what can i do to cope?  any suggestions?

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

do just that write...write hubs and save them for when you can post them. write write write...oh and read on the train, it's relaxing smile have fun!

1. profile image0
      hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago in reply to this

just write?  could be dangerous...  i need some internet like activity and i don't own a blackberry or any high tech gizmos.  although i do occasionally get email in my head when i've been away from the computer for too long.  i've thought about possibly engaging in some banter with my fellow traveler's and enjoying being disconnected.  who knows?  i may like it and never return.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Oh you'll return I know you will big_smile you'll miss us hamsters hehehe

and banter away! might get some good ideas for hubs

1. profile image0
      hamstersmessiahposted 7 years ago in reply to this

that reminds me...  i have to check on the hamsters on the Hamsterhood of the Plaid Lodge!

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

huh?

working