jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Updating Hubs

1. figment profile image73
    figmentposted 6 years ago

How do we let people know we've updated a HubPage.  Where can we post the info or can we post the info?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't.  That's why it's not a good idea to treat Hubs like blogs.  Tweak them or improve them, by all means - but if you're aiming at other Hubbers, you need to think of your Hubs as complete the moment you publish them.

2. afunguy24 profile image59
      afunguy24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Twitter, Facebook, IRC. Create original forum threads about your original hub than weeks or days later after you've updated it bump your thread up, but not in a spammy way.

2. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you get fans they will be notified by email when your hub is updated, everyone else has to find out hte long way. With the number of hubs created every day, no one would thank you for spamming your new Hub everywhere.

3. 0
    TattoGuyposted 6 years ago

The google spider finds any update to yer hub and thats more important than other hubbers finding out.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good advice.

1. 0
        TattoGuyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had a good teacher smile

4. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

Dumb question, maybe, so bear with.  I always wonder how mcuh tweaking it takes for the Google spider to take notice.  Sometimes I literally just change a few keywords.  I'm sure there are no hard and fast rules, just wondering...

1. 0

Even those few words means a change that google picks up Laura, I do that all the time to hubs that fade away plus add better tags !

1. 0
        wordscribe41posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Art.  I tweaked the other day, but alas, NADA.  roll

1. 0

Laura jeez you women, it takes time ya know, ya gotta be patient and that took me 6 months to realise, tis only now that I have adsense worked out so patience dearheart lol smile

I missed you !

1. 0
            wordscribe41posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not my forte, Art.  I am doing MUCH better with Google these days, though.  No complaints, really.  But, it pales in comparison to Amazon for me.

5. Mekenzie profile image92
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

I learned from another hubber.  Just click on FEED then there is a spot to put your current status.  You can let other hubbers know you have updated from there.  I've done it a couple of times.

1. 0

Cheers for that !

working