jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I answered a request

1. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

I saw the new "request feature" so I read a question asking for a list of recently read books.  I clicked on "answer," and saw that it required building a new hub.  OK, so I did.  When I finished, I went to the requests list to see my new hub listed as an answer, but it isn't showing up!

Is there some sort of time delay?  Why isn't the hub I built in response being listed?

It is at:

Thanks in advance for your response.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

There should not be a time delay.

A yellow box should appear at the top of the page after you click "Answer This Request" (the one where you choose the URL and title for your hub).  The box will have details on the request you are answering, and a link that says "don't answer this request".  If you click that link the hub you create won't be associated with the request.

Did you see the yellow box?  Did you click that link by any chance?  If not, there may be some other bug that caused it not to associate properly, which I will try and track down ...

Anyway, I have manually associated your hub with that request.

3. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

Yes, I m sure I followed the procedure. 

I saw the "don't answer this request" link, but I didn't click on it. 

I do NOT remember seeing a yellow box though.  When I clicked on "Answer This Request" it immediately took me to the build-a-new-hub workshop area, and the title of the request was pre-filled as the title of the hub.  It was really long though, so I shortened it, perhaps that is what threw the system off? 

If so, I'm so sorry!  It was just a terribly long title, and it seemed logical to make it simpler.  That's what I get for thinkin', huh?  LOL

Thank you so much for manually associating it - I appreciate that!

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

No problem Marti.

Adjusting the URL and Title to better match what you plan to write about definitely makes sense, and shouldn't throw things off.  I'll continue to investigate what may have caused this ...

If anyone else has had this problem, please chime in.