Google Analytics Avg Time On Site/Bounce Rate

1. belief713 profile image78
    belief713posted 8 years ago

A portion of my Analytics Visitors are showing 0:00 as time on site and 100% bounce rate. It's not a large amount so should this be expected? And where are they going - are they hitting the back button or just clicking on ads that quickly?

2. johnr54 profile image68
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

My understanding is that for any visitor that doesn't click on a link on your page, but leaves by either Adsense or one of their own bookmark or the back button, that there is no event to measure the time on page/ site against, so it gets logged as 0:00 time on the site and a bounce on that page.

What I am not clear on is how Analytics handles clickouts to other hubbers hubs or other pages on the site, since they would be tracked with another analytics account, or none at all.  My guess is that in your Analytics account they are counted the same as leaving the site.

Any site will see some of these, and my experience is that Hubpages tend to run fairly high compared to something like an ecommerce site.  If your goal is adsense income, then that may be OK.  If you are wanting to build readership, then you may want to highlight your own related hubs in links at the bottom and top of the page.