jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

So I have my keywords...

1. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Now what do I do?

I have found a few keywords that I would like to write about and not much competition with them, but I do not know what the next step is.

Do I make the hub now, or is there something else I should do?

And what is after that?

1. Sa Toya profile image85
      Sa Toyaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd go with making your hub. I only look for key words when I want to make one.

I also find the pics or videos I want to use before making it, so you can do that big_smile

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Before you publish a hub, you need to write an article.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Yes you write a hub on these keywords.

After writing the hubs you can promote them in various ways and get backlinks; but this is optional.

3. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Okay, thanks. I will do this and see how it goes. I have yet to write a hub around keywords.

Am I supposed to use the keywords as often as possible or what should I do?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, don't use them too often in the body of your hub. Try to write a natural copy. Try to keep the keyword density below 6%.

And like Richard and others said about using them in the URLs, title tags etc.

4. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

try to use your keyword in the URL of your hub or at least at the beginning of your URL.

1. DevinG profile image60
      DevinGposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Will do smile, thanks.

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

use keywords and close variants of keywords in your URL, title, tags and h2 (capsule header) ...use within text naturally, there is no magic formula in that regards.

When developing backlinks use those keywords and close variants as the anchor text as much as possible.

oh...and have fun

6. profile image62
    Saraahposted 7 years ago

Agreed with Sunforged

7. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago

1. Create your url with your main keyphrase.

2. Set aside the keywords and write your hub.

3. Publish your hub, but don't market it.

4. Go to this site: http://www.iwebtool.com/keyword_density - or one like it - put in your url, and check how frequently your keywords/phrases appear.

That will give you an idea of how well your keywords appear without tinkering with them.  Now that you know that, go back and look for strategic places to slap your keywords in - like headers, picture captions, tags, etc.  Keep rechecking your site until you find the right mix.

Once you're happy with it, go get some backlinks. big_smile

working