jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

I finally did it!

1. TheWatchman profile image86
    TheWatchmanposted 6 years ago

After three days, I finally got my personal hubscore to 80! Does that mean my hubs are no longer listed as "no follow" ?  Can the non hupages public finally search and find my hubs!?  I cant wait!

1. Sa Toya profile image87
      Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think so I'm not too sure, as long as your keywords are something people are searching for they'd find it!

good luck big_smile

2. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, congrats on the score increase, perhaps you may want to look up "nofollow" as it doesnt mean anything as drastic as you were suggesting

3. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your hubs were no-follow at 75, just so you know, no-follow deciddes whether or not google follows a link, so before 75 it meant that your links to other websites would not be counted by Google.

Google will have crawled your hubs 1-3 days after publishing them!

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Probably not, because Google may not have found your Hubs yet.  Even if they have been found, they're probably languishing on page 115.  But anyway, that has nothing to do with being "no follow" - that refers to links within your Hubs, not to the Hub itself.

It takes time for Hubs to move up the rankings and get search engine traffic. Unless you've written on a topic that has very little competition, expect to wait a few months before you start getting decent external traffic.

2. TheWatchman profile image86
    TheWatchmanposted 6 years ago

hahaha the irony! as soon as I posted this, it dropped back to 76! whats up with that!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's still above 75 so you're OK for your dofollow links smile

1. markasuncion profile image60
        markasuncionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh I got it...thanks for this info...how does the hubscore works? where can I find the info?

3. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

you rock mate-nice job indeed and welcome to hubpages

hi izzy btw smile

4. chinweike profile image48
    chinweikeposted 6 years ago

just concentrate on the quality of your hubs. Welcome to hubpages

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

6. Mama Sez profile image85
    Mama Sezposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP Watchman!  By this time, you can check your stats for outside traffic sources.  Good Luck smile

7. retellect profile image79
    retellectposted 6 years ago

Hey Watchman,

Keep your eyes on your analytics and promote your hubs! See what works and repeat it! Good luck man smile

8. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Yay! Way to go!

Let's hope this is one of many success to come.
    First ad sense click, first amazon sale, first 100 hub score, first payouts there are so many fun goals to achieve smile

9. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Ahhh, thank you thisisoli! So no-follow here would only impact on me if I was trying to drive traffic to other web sites of mine. Since I don't have any other commercial web sites, it doesn't matter. Phew! No more hubscore worries for me smile

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, although it might affect your linking to other hubs, though you might want to get Paul Deeds or similar to see if Hubpages is exempts from the no-follow thresh hold.

10. DanPowers profile image78
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

I've been on here a couple of weeks now. My own hubscore is 80+ and my hubs are in the 60-75 range. They're going up and down like little yo-yos so I guess it takes 2-3 months for them to stabilise.

I like the fact that hubpages seems effective at weeding out the people who post 1-2 articles in order to get links to other affiliate sites etc.

11. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

As long as you keep writing great stuff and putting good keywords in there, you should only get better.

12. Gina Coole profile image85
    Gina Cooleposted 6 years ago

Click on the help button top right - hub score is explained there

1. gravitywebsources profile image61
      gravitywebsourcesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

how to increase our score?