jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Using Your RSS Feed?

1. The Book Garden profile image59
    The Book Gardenposted 8 years ago

Hi All,
    Being a relatively inexperienced hubber I'm not sure if others are using the RSS feed module much. Certainly it's main uses are traditionally pulling content from blogs or news stories.
    I've been playing with the ability to create RSS feeds of ebay items using their advanced search feature to provide very adaptable search results. One use of this is to pull a RSS feed of your own ebay stuff, or for instance pink size 10 shoes if required.
    This I have found to be a great method of monetizing and web page where you can enter a RSS feed, and the results being constantly updated, all with your affiliate code.
    So, I have created a brief Hub on doing this which people may find useful with some simple instructions to follow - http://hubpages.com/hub/Using-Ebay-RSS-Feeds
    I hope that my instructions are simple enough to follow and that it's ok to provide a link to the original article on this that I published on Squidoo, which has more detail, screen shots and examples.

2. BassGuru profile image73
    BassGuruposted 8 years ago

Good point. People seem scared of RSS feeds but they can be a great way of pulling information on to a page.

BTW your example isn't working at the moment

3. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

BassGuru -

I thought you'd disappeared off the scene! You wrote two good bass guitar hubs in your first week or so then left us waiting for more - Any chance?

4. risend profile image61
    risendposted 8 years ago

I mainly use the rss feeds from my own blog, but that is an interesting way of using the rss feeds. nice article.