jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Google Adsense

1. akihan profile image86
    akihanposted 6 years ago

I'm wondering if i'm doing anything wrong as I'm getting terrible adsense conversions at less than 1% of clicks per 1000 views. What's the average rate of conversion that you are getting. It's pretty discouraging to stare at 0.40 cents earned per 1000 views or something to that effect.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I do not fare all that much better as far as the CTR % goes. My over all % is 1.3 and £16 earned roll

As far as it goes my plan is to try to get as much traffic as possible so I can get way more impressions a day and of course the best way I can think of is to write more hubs! I also hope to get a better instinct for what people are looking to read online and how they find it so that I can give it to 'em.

Patience and Persistence, the 2 P's. big_smile

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The click view ratio tends to focus on two main things

The Quality of your Traffic
    The Relevance of your Products

Traffic quality is based on people finding your hub organically through Google, and finding it because your hub is what they were searching for.

The relevance of the product is the relevance of the product that the traffic may be looking to buy.

When it comes to Google AdSense it is hard to target the adverts, so you have to focus on the Hubs quality, to improve traffic quality.

Well targeted organic Google traffic should click through more!

4. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Having your hubs read by fellow Hubbers is nice (and increases your hub score), but unless they click on the ads, or recommend your hubs at other sites, it doesn't help your click-through rate.

A number of Hubbers have mentioned that they do better if they just  write interesting, or even mundane-sounding hubs, and just ignore the keyword stuff.

You also have no control over the type of ads Google puts up on your hub.  Could be your subject doesn't exactly match the intent of the ad.  You have to think like a marketer, as though you were getting someone interested in buying something that will solve a problem for them, or make them feel better somehow.

You just have to write something interesting, while in the back of your mind, imagining some sort of related product that someone might want or need.

It would obviously help to promote your hubs at other sites, same as you would if your had your own website.

5. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

If you want a lot of visitors you first need to pick a popular topic.