I am the best... Prove it.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image53
    knowledge plusposted 14 years ago

How much are you Self confident and what s your achievements?

1. profile image0
      suraj78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no need to say or prove that I am the best. It is not in our hands, it depends on our society who will decide how are we or me depending on my acts and thoughts. smile

2. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

I am supremely self-confident and my greatest achievement is to understand that I am of no importance, I want nothing, and so everything that comes to me is what I would have wanted or I deserve, and so there is nothing to be self-confident or un-self-confident about.
    Love Peace and Jelly babies to everyone.

1. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you have confidence if you believe you are no importance? You said you are confident in the first line and then say there is nothing to be confident second to last. If you want nothing, how will you gain anything?

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you want nothing then what is gain? wanting nothing doesn't mean that you don't get anything, or get anywhere, it is just a state of mind where you have everything you want. Since I learned this simple and common 'truth' I have had all sorts of good shit happen smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
          Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

China man, have you read The Book of Disquiet by Pessoa?  I got turned on to it the other day, am about half way through. I bet you'd love it.  It's great stuff.

3. EFPotter profile image59
    EFPotterposted 14 years ago

Self-confident. Like, a lot. I've always been the emotionally mature one, and I'm proud of my introspective nature. Knowing myself helps me help others.

4. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I achieved academic success despite being from a working-class, immigrant family in the UK. I survived an emotionally abusive marriage, managed to buy my own house, gained custody of my daughters (because that is what they wanted) and brought them up to be wonderful young women, despite years of poverty when I had to deny them much of what their peers had. I left employment, which was destroying me, at the age of 50 and developed a succesful freelance career. I survived a second bad marriage and retained my home and savings when he tried to strip me of everything I had. I had to work day and night for four months in order to pay him off, but I managed without remortgaging my house.  I have lived through loving an alcoholic, survived two nightmare years, and recently I have helped him to find a way out that seems to be working for him.

I think I have achieved much, but I still have to work on self-confidence and loving myself.

1. profile image53
      knowledge plusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

great. u r a symbol of courage. i once read in reader's digest that "success is  a state of never tired". i see this in u.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I don't need to prove nothing. My actions, words, love do that for me.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of us need to prove something to ourselves in order to survive smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Those three things will do that very thing. It's all up to you.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Charlie ! I replied to your mail !! big_smile

6. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

not the best . but ive built stuff that leaves one in awe

7. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

self-confidence?  Struggling to regain after years of horrific experiences in an abusive marriage and 5 years in a major depression

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

achievements?  I'm still here and still trying  lol

8. DanPowers profile image49
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

Growing up I was the shyest, least confident kid on the planet.

Somehow I've managed to get a doctorate, visit Japan twice, start my own business and find a beautiful girlfriend. Confidence grows over time.

9. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I am humble and am in no competition with anyone. Have a great day!    -Namaste-    smile

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We know who we are. And that's enough !

2. WriteAngled profile image74

I'm in no competition with others, but trying to overcome my own feeling of inadequacy and self-destruction. Sometimes, therefore, I find it good to remind myself of what I have achieved despite the internal and external opposition smile

3. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Namaste to you as well!

I only compete with myself. wink

Trying to compete with anyone else is like trying to compare apples and oranges...It's sort of meaningless to me. But bettering myself...that seems worthwhile to me.

As to the original poster's question...what have you achieved?

Hmm...this is tough. My greatest achievement thus far is still a work in progress: A heart full of love and forgiveness. I've got the heart...getting it to work properly all the time is the "in progress" part.

Nice thread.

ETA: Oh...and I would never say I was the "the best" at anything. Although I feel I am quite good a lot of things; there is always (at least it seems to me) someone better, or something else to learn. This is why we continue to grow through our whole lives. I am an eternal student.

10. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Remembering to be humble allows me to accept that I don't control things. Then I can be happy in the small good decisions I do make.

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

laughter at myself

1. WriteAngled profile image74

Laughing is good, laughing at oneself is even better.

12. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

Yes i am really the best. I created my blogs which got more traffic. Because of some virus it got deleted twice, now again i have created. Never lose hope and also confidence. Do the excellence success follow you.

13. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 14 years ago

i am the best because i believe in myself.  success is society's yardstick.  satisfaction is the key to finding joy.  am i satisfied?  i probably will never be fully satisfied and i hope i never will but i AM satisfied that i have done my best so i have nothing to prove.

14. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I am confident, self-assured but have very little ego and never consider myself better than anyone else.

15. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I have nothing to prove, I am who I am..either you love me or hate me..

Like I always say, take me how I am or do not take me at all...  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)